The primary online course management system used throughout the Connecticut community colleges is Blackboard. Every course section (CRN) taught at a college is given its own Blackboard site. Faculty who decide to have an online component to their courses should use Blackboard as the starting point for online course materials, either putting those materials into Blackboard or linking to those materials from their Blackboard course site. Students who have registered for a course are automatically given access to that course’s Blackboard site. Students who drop a course are automatically denied access to that course site.
Getting Started with Blackboard
If you’re interested in learning about and using Blackboard, there are several training options:
- Take a look at the Faculty Orientation shell that you’ll find on your My Courses list when you log into Blackboard.
- There are many training workshops scheduled at MCC and at other community colleges. Visit events.dudesolutions.com/ct to view sessions scheduled at all the community colleges and for registration for any session.
- Information can be found on our troubleshooting page.
- You are also welcome to contact ETDL with questions.
Logging into Blackboard through myCommNet
To access Blackboard, log into myCommNet and select the Blackboard link. This will bring you to the Blackboard semester page; click the link for the appropriate Blackboard semester to view all of your available courses.
Courses that make up a cross-listed course in Blackboard will each list individually on the My Courses faculty view. Each of those separate course links will bring you to the one cross-listed course in Blackboard. Students will only see the course in which they are enrolled.
- If, once logged into myCommNet, additional assistance is required, contact the ETDL Sandbox at x22857 or email Sandbox@manchestercc.edu.
- For evenings and weekends contact the BOR Help Desk at http://cscu.edusupportcenter.com or 860-723-0221.
- Check Blackboard’s computer requirements to make sure your computer at home (or another location) can use Blackboard by going to the browser checker
- Blackboard Help Center
Look for more information on our troubleshooting page.