Educational Technology and Distance Learning provides services to faculty who wish to use technology in the curriculum. Assistance is provided with a range of technology applications, from a small, specific use to a completely online course. Consulting services and project assistance are available upon request, and interested faculty and staff should contact ETDL Sandbox. Training sessions are periodically organized on various topics according to demand.
Faculty should be aware that there are Open Computer Labs on the second floor of the LRC that provide computing space for students who need to do classwork. For more information, contact ETDL Sandbox by email or phone at 860-512-2857.
The primary online course management system used throughout the Connecticut Community College System is Blackboard.
ETDL arranges for relevant training for faculty and staff on new technologies. For a list of current training sessions on campus, please visit the Training Schedule.
Course Copy Requests
ETDL performs all Blackboard course copies; email us – using your college email – for more information.
Instructions for faculty, staff and students in Blackboard, classroom technology, and other topics.
- If, once logged into myCommNet, additional assistance is required,
contact the ETDL Sandbox at x2857 or email email@example.com.
- For evenings and weekends, contact the BOR Help Desk at http://cscu.edusupportcenter.com or 860-723-0221.
- Check Blackboard’s computer requirements to make sure your computer at home (or another location) can use Blackboard at browser checker and the personal computer configuration websites.
- Blackboard Help Center
- Look for more information on our troubleshooting page.
- NCDAE Accessibility Cheatsheets – Tips and walkthroughs for creating accessible documents
- Blackboard Ally – Review, edit, and create accessible course content and provide alternative file formats for you students
The ETDL staff provide loans of a limited supply of laptops, digital cameras and audio/visual equipment to support academic needs for current faculty and staff.