MCC’s Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (WiSTEM) is a new program area from First Year and New Student Programs. Thanks to a generous grant from the Aurora Foundation for Women and Girls, women at MCC who have a strong interest in the STEM fields have a place to learn, network and grow together on and off-campus.
Central to all programs offered through the Office of First Year and New Student Programs is our one-semester IDS* 101: First Year Experience course. This course offers reading, discussion and activities around the topics of personal responsibility, stress management, collaboration, self-awareness and community-building.
Additionally, WiSTEM students:
- Enroll in STEM courses and degrees offered at MCC:
- Explore offerings at other colleges including CCSU, UConn, University of St. Joseph and Wesleyan University.
- Participate in activities such as StemCONN at Yale, salmon stocking with the CT DEEP Fisheries Division, site visits to STEM businesses around the state, and Legislative Office Building presentations.
If you’re looking for a community of women who are curious, courageous and ready to become life-long learners, join us in WiSTEM!
Easy Steps to Apply
- Complete the Admissions Application
- Sign up to take the Assessment Test (English and Math Accuplacer)
- Attend your scheduled interview
- Enroll in the Fall semester as a full-time student (four courses, 12 credits)
For more information or to set up an appointment, please visit or call our office.
Location and Hours: Student Services Center (SSC), L108, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Office Phone: For general information, please call 860-512-3330.
First Year and New Student Programs Director
WiSTEM Program Coordinator