Start on your path to college success! Free-of-charge! Space is limited!
Smart Start is a credit-free program designed to enhance your basic skills and transition you to developmental/college-level ENG* 101: Composition or math. You will need ENG* 101 to earn a Manchester Community College associate degree or certificate and at least one college-level math for associate degrees.
In one semester, you will:
- Improve your reading and writing ability, learn grammar and
punctuation rules, and build study skills through classroom instruction.
- Increase your arithmetic and algebraic problem-solving skills through an 11-week, independent-study course (ALEKS® Self-Study), which includes tutoring in the math lab.
- Identify your career interests and skills you will need to achieve your goals.
Once you complete the program, you will have the opportunity to retest (test scores determine your placement in English and math courses).
Easy Steps to Enroll
- Complete the MCC Application.
- Take the MCC Assessment Test (English and Math Accuplacer).
- Contact an MCC Enrollment Specialist to set up an appointment.
To set up an appointment with an enrollment specialist, please visit or call our office.
Office Location and Hours: Student Services Center (SSC), L108, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Office Phone: For general information, please call 860-512-3330.
Enrollment Specialist and Smart Start Program Coordinator
If you prefer, we’re happy to contact you to discuss the program; please complete the form below.