The following assistive technology is currently available:
- FM System: For students with a hearing impairment; this device enables the student to hear what the professor is saying.
- CCTV: For students with low vision, documents can be place under its camera and enlarged, and have its color or contrast adjusted.
The following software types are currently available:
- Speech-to-Text: For students with fine motor skills impairment; this software allows students to type using their voice.
- Text-to-Speech: For students with reading disabilities; this software presents textbooks in both visual and auditory formats. Students are able to listen to their textbook as they read.
- Screen Readers: For students who are blind/or have low vision; this software verbalizes actions on the computer screen.
- Screen Magnifiers: For students with visual impairments; this software magnifies the computer screen.
- Visual writing organizers: For students needing assistance to organize their written assignments
For students needing assistive technology or E-books, Jacquelyn Dannaher serves as our Assistive Technology Specialist. She can be reached at 860-512-3594 or email@example.com. She is available to provide training to students with disabilities in the college’s Assistive Technology Lab (L131) on how to use our computer-based assistive technology. She also provides textbooks in an electronic format (e-books) to students who qualify. Note: You must first have your intake appointment with one of the above providers before you can access assistive technology or E-books.