Let us help you advance in your job, retrain for a new career, and increase your earning potential!
Adults in Transition (AIT) is a special program designed to help adult students start – or restart – a college career as smoothly and successfully as possible. Through review of skills and tips needed to meet the demands of college courses, and support and networking from staff and peers, AIT assists adult learners on a new and exciting journey in education.
If you come to MCC through the Adults in Transition program, you will experience:
- A friendly interview with an advisor who will help you to determine your needs as you enter college.
- Advising for your course selection that fits your availability, ability and interest.
- An orientation to the college prior to the start of the semester to get you off to your very best start.
- A 3-credit college experience course, which introduces you to tools and strategies for creating greater academic, professional and personal success.
- Continued advising, coaching, networking and support throughout the semester and beyond.
In addition, you will enjoy free parking, a bus pass for each semester, small classes, opportunities for help with financing your education, access to childcare, a fitness facility, and on and off-campus academic support. We can help make the commitment of returning to school a manageable one.
The AIT program seeks to assist students to accomplish educational goals and complete programs in a holistic and timely fashion, yet recognizing unique challenges such as:
- Employment issues
- Financial issues
- Family demands
- Self -esteem issues
- Personal perception
Put your worries and concerns about starting college behind you and explore the opportunities available through the Adults in Transition program.
It’s Easy to Get Started
- Complete the MCC Admissions Process. You will be issued (or reissued) a Banner student ID number.
- Contact our Adults in Transition Coordinator if you would like a detailed overview of the program. To give you our complete attention, please call our office and make an appointment.
- Enroll in SC 100 Create Your Own College Success, the three-credit college experience course designed with adult learners in mind.
For more information or to set up an appointment, please call our office.
Location and Hours: Student Services Center (SSC), L219c
Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Program Coordinator: Bess Lewis
We will also be happy to send you additional information through the mail; please complete the form below.