In-Service Training for State of Connecticut Employees
We are pleased to offer to State of Connecticut employees a number of In-Service Training courses. This effort is a result of the successful partnership between the Department of Administrative Services and the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Highlights – Fall 2017
- Access 2013: Introduction
- Access 2013: Intermediate
- Access 2016: Introduction
- Access 2016: Intermediate
- Access 2016: Advanced – NEW!
- Access and Excel 2016: Using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to Enhance Office Productivity – NEW!
- Adobe Acrobat DC: PDF Files, Formats and Forms
- Adobe: Creating Marketing Materials
- Adobe InDesign CC: Introduction
- Adobe Photoshop CC: Introduction
- Excel 2013: Introduction
- Excel 2013: Intermediate
- Excel 2016: Introduction
- Excel 2016: Intermediate
- Excel 2016: Advanced – NEW!
- Excel 2016: Data and Functions
- Excel 2016: Pivot Tables, Dashboards and Reports
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification Preparation – NEW!
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2013 Certification Exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2016 Certification Exam
- Office 2016: MCC Certificate – NEW!
- Outlook 2016: Introduction
- PC Repair and Maintenance
- Project 2016: Introduction
- QuickBooks: Introduction
- SCRUM Agile Project Management: Introduction – NEW!
- Security+ Certificate Overview – NEW!
- SharePoint Information Worker: Introduction
- SQL Server 2016: Introduction
- SQL Server 2016 Queries: Introduction
- Visio 2016: Introduction
- Web Design: MCC Certificate – NEW!
- Windows 10: Introduction
- Windows PowerShell: Introduction
- WordPress Web Design: Introduction
- Word Advanced: Working with Complex Documents – NEW!
Essential Business Skills
- Accounting I: A Practical Focus to Financial Accounting
- Balancing Time, Priorities and Productivity
- Balancing Time and Priorities: A Continuation!
- Bullying in the Workplace: What It Is and How to Stop It – NEW!
- Business and Systems Analysis Principles and Practices
- Financial Literacy: Knowledge that Pays for Itself
- Forensic Accounting: What You Don’t Know Most Certainly CAN Hurt You!
- Freedom of Information Act: What You Need to Know for Compliance and Protection
- Retirement: Ready or Not?
Developing Leadership Skills
- Middle Management Skills Certificate
- Project Management: All the Essentials
- State Supervisory Skills Training
State employees, please note:
If you would like a catalog in electronic form, please visit the State In-Service Training website at: bor.ct.edu/inservice.
Need information about State In-Service Training?
Do your employees need what we’re offering to state employees?
These are just a few of the hundreds of courses offered by MCC. If your employees need training that’s not listed here, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you identify other solutions, including the customized training we offer to local businesses. Contact Doreen Forbes-Rogers, Corporate and Community Training Center, at 860-512-2817 or email@example.com.
College Closing Procedures
Announcements regarding class cancellations and delayed openings due to weather conditions are broadcast on the following:
Radio: WTIC, WDRC, WHCN, WPOP, WRCH, WCCC
Television: WFSB, WVIT, WTNH
In addition, you may call the college’s automated Info Line at 860-512-3016, the main line at 860-512-3000 or visit us on our website at www.manchestercc.edu.
Details regarding cancellation and delayed openings:
- When the college is closed, all classes are cancelled for that day and will be rescheduled.
- When the college has a delayed opening of 10:00 a.m. or later, full-day In-Service Training Program classes will be cancelled and rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. will not be held and will be rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. will run on schedule.
- When classes are held, students are expected to attend and no refunds or credits will be given for non-attendance.