In-Service Training for State of Connecticut Employees
We are pleased to offer to State of Connecticut employees a number of In-Service Training courses. This effort is a result of the successful partnership between the Department of Administrative Services and the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Highlights – Spring 2018
- A+ Certification 220-901 Exam Preparation – NEW!
- A+ Certification 220-902 Exam Preparation – NEW!
- Access 2016: MOS Certification Preparation – NEW!
- Access 2016: Introduction
- Access 2016: Intermediate
- Access 2016: Advanced
- Adobe Acrobat DC: PDF Files, Formats, and Forms
- Adobe Dreamweaver: Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Certification Preparation – NEW!
- Adobe: Creating Marketing Materials
- Adobe InDesign 2017 CC: Introduction – NEW!
- Adobe Photoshop 2017 CC: Introduction – NEW!
- Android Programming: Introduction – NEW!
- Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Certification Preparation
- Database Fundamentals: Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification Preparation (Exam 98-364) – NEW!
- Excel 2016: MOS Certification Preparation – NEW!
- Excel 2016: Introduction
- Excel 2016: Intermediate
- Excel 2016: Advanced
- Excel 2016: Data and Functions
- Excel 2016: Pivot Tables, Dashboards, and Reports
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification Preparation
- JAVA Programming: Introduction – NEW!
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2016 Certification Exam
- Office 2016: MCC Certificate
- Office 2016: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to Enhance Office Productivity – NEW!
- PC Repair and Maintenance
- PHP & MySQL Introduction: How to Create Web Forms and Capture Information
- PowerPoint 2016: MOS Certification Preparation – NEW!
- Project 2016: Introduction
- QuickBooks Certification Preparation – NEW
- QuickBooks: Introduction
- Software Development Fundamentals (MTA) Certification Preparation – NEW!
- SQL Server 2016 Queries: Introduction
- Web Design: MCC Certificate
- Windows 10: Deploying and Managing Using Enterprise Services – NEW!
- Windows 10: Introduction
- Windows PowerShell: Introduction
- Windows Server 2016: Networking – NEW!
- Word 2016: MOS Certification Preparation – NEW!
- WordPress Web Design: Introduction
Essential Business Skills
- Accounting I: A Practical Focus to Financial Accounting
- Balancing Time, Priorities and Productivity
- Bullying in the Workplace: What It Is and How to Stop It
- Business and Systems Analysis Principles and Practices
- Financial Literacy: Knowledge that Pays for Itself
- Financial Literacy: A Deeper Look – NEW!
- Forensic Accounting Demystified: The CSI of Accounting
- Freedom of Information Act: What You Need to Know for Compliance and Protection
- Retirement: Ready or Not?
- Spanish Essentials for the Workplace
Developing Leadership Skills
- Middle Management Skills Certificate
- Project Management: All the Essentials
- State Supervisory Skills Training
State employees, please note:
If you would like a catalog in electronic form, please visit the State In-Service Training website at: bor.ct.edu/inservice.
Need information about State In-Service Training?
Do your employees need what we’re offering to state employees?
These are just a few of the hundreds of courses offered by MCC. If your employees need training that’s not listed here, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you identify other solutions, including the customized training we offer to local businesses. Contact Doreen Forbes-Rogers, Corporate and Community Training Center, at 860-512-2817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Closing Procedures
Announcements regarding class cancellations and delayed openings due to weather conditions are broadcast on the following:
Radio: WTIC, WDRC, WHCN, WPOP, WRCH, WCCC
Television: WFSB, WVIT, WTNH
In addition, you may call the college’s automated Info Line at 860-512-3016, the main line at 860-512-3000 or visit us on our website at www.manchestercc.edu.
Details regarding cancellation and delayed openings:
- When the college is closed, all classes are cancelled for that day and will be rescheduled.
- When the college has a delayed opening of 10:00 a.m. or later, full-day In-Service Training Program classes will be cancelled and rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. will not be held and will be rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. will run on schedule.
- When classes are held, students are expected to attend and no refunds or credits will be given for non-attendance.