We want everyone who visits the Manchester Community College website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding and straightforward.
Accessibility and inclusiveness are priorities at MCC. If you are having difficulty accessing website content, media, files, forms, or other areas of this site due to a disability please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Any problems or concerns will be addressed promptly.
If you’re a faculty or staff member, please view our web content and accessibility best practices page for basic guidelines to follow when creating or editing your department’s pages.
Accessibility Statement for Manchester Community College
Manchester Community College is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Manchester Community College is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
- Images of text are only used for decorative purposes
- Sign language interpretation is provided for certain videos
- The purpose of links can be determined from the link text alone whenever possible.
Additionally, ongoing efforts are being made to ensure that new and updated PDFs shared on the site conform with PDF/UA standards.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Manchester Community College. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Manchester Community College:
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of Manchester Community College relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Manchester Community College, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Manchester Community College:
- Photo galleries: There have been many image galleries created throughout the years for the MCC website, and we’re aware that not all images have descriptive alternate text. While many of these images are not informational and could be considered purely decorative, we strive to provide meaningful alternate text when images are added to new or existing galleries, especially when galleries depict pieces of artwork. Please submit the Website Feedback form if you encounter an issue.
- Documents: Various documents throughout the website that were created and uploaded prior to 2018 – including PDFs, Word documents and PowerPoint presentations – are not fully accessible. New documents being created are reviewed and corrected before being added to the website.
Manchester Community College
assessed the accessibility of Manchester Community College by the following approaches:
This statement was updated December 18, 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the Manchester Community College website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please submit the website feedback form. We’d like to hear from you.