Producing a publication involves many interrelated steps, even if it is to be reproduced in-house. The account executive and client will work together through the process. Once information is submitted, it will be reviewed, edited and sometimes rewritten, prior to final approval by the client. The next steps include design, layout, proofreading, printing, delivery and distribution. In some cases, it is necessary to contract for photographic services.
What the client needs to do/provide:
- Develop plan with Marketing and Public Relations account executive
- Provide budget, including dollars for ad placement and mailing list purchase
- Provide preliminary content for brochures, web pages, ads, posters, etc.
- Create mailing lists, prepare mailing (collate, stuff, address)
- Print/copy, unless an outside commercial printer is used
- Contact community groups, universities, high schools, etc.
- Provide names/lists of current students
- Distribute (internal and external) posters/rack cards/post cards
- Complete required paperwork (e.g., Event Set Up Form if requesting media support of an event)