We are pleased to offer to State of Connecticut employees a number of In-Service Training courses. This effort is a result of the successful partnership between the Department of Administrative Services and the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Highlights – Spring 2019
- A+ Certification 220-1001 Exam Preparation – NEW!
- A+ Certification 220-1002 Exam Preparation – NEW!
- Access 2016: Introduction
- Access 2016: Intermediate
- Access 2016: Advanced
- Adobe Acrobat DC: PDF Files, Formats, and Forms
- Adobe: Creating Marketing Materials
- Adobe InDesign CC: Introduction
- Adobe Photoshop CC: Introduction
- Database Fundamentals: Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification Preparation
- Defending your Network Certification Preparation
- Excel 2016: Introduction
- Excel 2016: Intermediate
- Excel 2016: Advanced
- Excel 2016: Dashboards – NEW!
- Excel 2016: Data and Functions
- Excel 2016: Pivot Tables – NEW!
- Java Programming: Certification Preparation – NEW!
- Java Programming: Introduction
- Java Programming: Intermediate
- Network+ Certification Preparation
- Office 2016: MCC Certificate
- Office 2016: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to Enhance Office Productivity
- PC Maintenance and Repair
- Programming Basics: Foundation for C++, Java and Python – NEW!
- Project 2016: Introduction
- Python: Certification Preparation – NEW!
- QuickBooks: Introduction
- SQL Server 2016: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure – NEW!
- SQL Server 2016: Querying Data with Transact-SQL – NEW!
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS): Overview
- Visio 2016: Introduction
- Web Design: MCC Certificate
- Windows 10: Introduction
- WordPress Web Design: Introduction
Essential Business Skills
- Accounting I: A Practical Focus to Financial Accounting
- Accounting II: Managerial Cost Accounting
- Balancing Time, Priorities and Productivity
- Bullying in the Workplace: What It Is and How to Stop It
- Business and Systems Analysis Principles and Practices
- Financial Literacy: Knowledge that Pays for Itself
- Financial Literacy: A Deeper Look
- Forensic Accounting Demystified: The CSI of Accounting
- Freedom of Information Act: What You Need to Know for Compliance and Protection
- I’m Retiring: Now What Do I Do with My Money? – NEW!
- Professionalism, Etiquette and Conflict Management
- Retirement: Ready or Not?
- Spanish Essentials for the Workplace
- Success Insights® and DISC
- Working Toward a Stress-Free Life: Exploring Exciting Ways of Balancing Life and Work
Developing Leadership Skills
- Innovative and Successful Supervisor
- Middle Management Skills Certificate
- Project Management: All the Essentials
- State Supervisory Skills Training
State employees, please note:
If you would like a catalog in electronic form, please visit the State In-Service Training website at: bor.ct.edu/inservice.
Need information about State In-Service Training?
Do your employees need what we’re offering to state employees?
These are just a few of the hundreds of courses offered by MCC. If your employees need training that’s not listed here, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you identify other solutions, including the customized training we offer to local businesses. Contact Doreen Forbes-Rogers, Corporate and Community Training Center, at 860-512-2817 or email@example.com.
College Closing Procedures
When the college closes or cancels classes due to inclement weather conditions or technical difficulties, please check the MCC website at www.manchestercc.edu or call the MCC information line at 860-512-3000. Announcements may also appear on WTIC-AM & FM, WRCH, WZMX, WFSB Channel 3, WTNH Channel 8 and WVIT Channel 30.
Details regarding cancellation and delayed openings:
- When the college is closed, all classes are cancelled for that day and will be rescheduled.
- When the college has a delayed opening of 10:00 a.m. or later, full-day In-Service Training Program classes will be cancelled and rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. will not be held and will be rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. will run on schedule.
- When classes are held, students are expected to attend and no refunds or credits will be given for non-attendance.