TO BE READ BY ALL FACULTY MEMBERS TO ALL CLASSES WITHIN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF CLASSES:
All of us face the possibility of becoming victims of a crime. Although the MCC Police Department is doing all they can to provide a safe environment for the entire college community, it is impossible to patrol all seventy developed acres of our campus and anticipate every situation. We have been very fortunate here at Manchester Community College, and we are proud of our low crime rate. Because a key concept in crime prevention is awareness, the list of suggestions provided below has been compiled to heighten your awareness and help prevent crime on campus.
- Always lock vehicles before leaving them.
- Have your car keys in hand before leaving the building.
- Look inside your vehicle before entering it.
- Walk in pairs or groups whenever possible and make sure that everyone reaches his or her destination safely.
- Report suspicious activities, persons, or vehicles to MCC Police immediately.
- Do not carry large sums of money or other valuables on your person. If someone demands or grabs your purse or wallet, do not resist.
- Avoid parking in deserted areas, especially after dark.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- If it is necessary to stay after class, make special arrangements for returning to your car.
- Take the shortest, most direct and well-lit route possible.
Emergency Numbers and MCC Police
|MCC EMERGENCY NUMBER||3111 (from a College phone)|
|FIRE/MEDICAL EMERGENCY:||9-911 (from a College phone)|
|FIRE/MEDICAL EMERGENCY:||911 (from an outside line)|
|MCC Police (Routine Calls):||3680 (from a College phone)|
|MCC Police (Routine Calls):||860-512-3680 (from an outside line)|
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND, ABOVE ALL, USE COMMON SENSE!