MCC’s Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (WiSTEM) is a new program area from First Year and New Student Programs. Thanks to a generous grant from the Aurora Foundation for Women and Girls, women at MCC who have a strong interest in the STEM fields have a place to learn, network and grow together on and off-campus.
Central to all programs offered through the First Year and New Student Programs is the one-semester IDS* 101: First Year Experience course. This course offers reading, discussion and activities around the topics of personal responsibility, stress management, collaboration, self-awareness and community-building.
Additionally, WiSTEM students:
- Enroll in STEM courses and degrees offered at MCC:
- Explore offerings at other colleges including CCSU, UConn, University of St. Joseph and Wesleyan University.
- Participate in activities such as StemCONN at Yale, salmon stocking with the CT DEEP Fisheries Division, site visits to STEM businesses around the state, and Legislative Office Building presentations.
- Read the blog to find out what we’re up to now!
If you’re looking for a community of women who are curious, courageous and ready to become life-long learners, join WiSTEM!
Easy Steps to Apply
- Complete the Admissions Application
- Sign up to take the Assessment Test (English and Math Accuplacer)
- Attend your scheduled interview
- Enroll in the fall semester as a full-time student (four courses, 12 credits)
For more information or to set up an appointment, please visit or call the First Year and New Student office.
Location and Hours: Student Services Center (SSC), L108, Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
General Information: 860-512-3330.
WiSTEM Program Coordinator