Audition Dates: 2022-2023 Academic Year
Auditions for Fall 2022 Semester
Monday, June 6, 2022
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
In compliance with the National Association for Schools of Music (NASM) accrediting standards, students interested in pursuing the college’s Music Studies associate degree program are required to audition with a member of the music faculty to determine their level of instrumental or vocal music proficiency. Auditions are scheduled for 15 minutes, and students will be required to perform, in person, two contrasting compositions.
- Students wishing to matriculate into the Music Studies associate degree program must complete and return the audition application.
- The audition process is designed to assess a student’s proficiency in the ability to:
- Read and interpret standard musical notation
- Produce an acceptable tone quality on one’s instrument or voice
- Perform with rhythmic clarity and consistency of pulse
- Perform with acceptable intonation (being in tune)
- Perform with an understanding of phrasing and style
- An accompanist will be provided upon request. The student may also bring his/her own.
Note: Students who indicate prior theory instruction may have the option to be tested and receive credit for MUS* B115: Music Theory I.
Deborah A. Simmons, Ed.D.
2022-2023 Planned Instrumental and Vocal Auditions
Please contact the individual listed below to obtain specific information about additional audition requirements, such as types of scales and repertoire styles. Program Coordinator Dr. Deborah Simmons can provide information for instruments not found on this list.
|Composition||Karl Warner, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conducting||Carolina Flores, email@example.com|
|Flute/Recorder||Barbara Hopkins, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Guitar||Michael Kevetos-Jazz/PopGuitar, email@example.com
Daniel Salazar-Classical Guitar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Simmons-Applied Guitar, email@example.com
|Double Bass, Bass Guitar (Jazz)||Matt Dwonszyk, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Low Brasses||Benjamin Griffin, email@example.com|
|Percussion||Robert Kennon, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Piano||Carolina Flores, email@example.com
Barbara Robbins, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Piano (Jazz)||Jen Allen, email@example.com|
|Saxophone||Mallory Kokus, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliff Schofer-Classical Saxophone, email@example.com
|Trombone||Benjamin Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Trumpet||Larry Gareau, email@example.com|
|Violin||Emlyn Ngai, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Voice||Atla DeChamplain, email@example.com
Bridget Scarlato, firstname.lastname@example.org
Luke Scott, email@example.com
|Voice (Jazz)||Atla DeChamplain, firstname.lastname@example.org|