Welcome! The degrees offered through the Computer Game Design and Graphic Design programs have been structured to equip students with a sound foundation in technical skills, design concepts, aesthetics, terminology and vocabulary, and to provide them with an awareness of how to combine creative and critical thinking with technical knowledge.
The course work teaches traditional art and creative skills with an emphasis on the computer as a production and composing tool and employs current, professional-level software that permits students to train using the same technologies they will encounter in the workplace.
Some of the benefits of attending Manchester Community College to study in these areas include:
- There is no portfolio review or other requirements necessary for entry into any of the programs.
- Students have the opportunity to qualify for co-op placements where they can gain both real-world experience and academic credits.
- Students receive the proper training in the technologies required for success in today’s job market.
Degree Programs – View the Program Curriculum
- Computer Game Design – 3D Generalist Concentration, A.S.
- Computer Game Design – Concept Art Concentration, A.S.
- Computer Game Design – Game Animation Concentration, AS
- Computer Game Design – Game Level Design Concentration, A.S.
- Graphic Design – Graphic Design Concentration, A.S.
- Graphic Design – Illustration Design Concentration, A.S.
- Graphic Design – Interactive Design Concentration, A.S.
View a Sample of Our Students’ Work
Learn about a career in Computer Game Design and Graphic Design.
Maura O’Connor, Department Chair, 860-512-2692