Marilyn Parkinson Thrall ‘73, a resident of Canton, and John B. Toomey, Jr. ’74, of Bolton, have been named 2018 Alumni of the Year by the Manchester Community College Alumni Association.
Manchester Community College’s Diversity Committee and the Cultural Programs Committee present master drummer Francis Kofi Akotuah, accompanied by percussionists Attah Poku and Michal Ofori, on Thursday, November 8, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The trio will play music from the Ewe, Ashante and Ga traditions. The concert is free and open to the public.
Professor Lucy Hurston ’93 participated in the Third Annual Civic Action Conference at Eastern Conneticut State University (ECSU) on Nov. 14, 2018. Hurston delivered a presentation to attendees about learning outcomes from student’s volunteer involvement. She has assigned projects that required research on numerous issues, including homelessness and poverty, which helps students change their perceptions of lower-income populations. ECSU President Elsa Núñez introduced the ideRead more kudos
In the News
- GE Solar Completes Project for MCC (10.22.18)
- Solar Array Unveiled at MCC Promises Big Savings (10.19.20)
- Players: Blessed Are the Animals (9.20.18)
- MCC Welcomes All to Nationally Accredited Music Studies Program (8.29.18)
- MCC Names Outstanding Woman of the Year (8.28.18)
- Homeless And In College_ 1