Spoken Word and Music Series
- Now in its 11th Season
- Featured musicians, poets and writers from New England, New York and beyond
- Fall and spring events from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Free and open to the public
- Sponsored by the MCC Foundation Annual Fund Campaign
- Hosted by Stephen Campiglio
Note: All Mishi-maya-gat events are held at MCC on Main, Manchester Community College Arts and Education Center, at 903 Main Street, downtown Manchester.
Mishi-maya-gat is the Algonquian term for “Great Trail System,” a network of foot paths created by the indigenous tribes of Connecticut. Within this system of trails, a “Great Path” connected one region with another. The site of the MCC campus is along one of these great paths, which led to the naming of Great Path as the street leading into campus. It is in this spirit of historical and cultural significance that the arts series takes its name.
Note: The series resumes in September 2016. Please check this web page over the summer for updates on the Fall events.
To join the mailing list and receive a flyer via email, please send your email address to Stephen Campiglio, series coordinator, at email@example.com.