MANCHESTER, Conn. (January 3, 2020) – Manchester Community College’s upcoming free information sessions are a great way to explore options for success. These sessions will provide information to students about how to start a program in the Spring 2020 semester, which begins January 22. To pre-register for any of these sessions, visit: www.manchestercc.edu/info.
Saturday, January 11, 11 a.m.-noon, Learning Resource Center, B218 – Graphic Design. Learn about program options, including associate in science degrees in Graphic Design, Illustrative Design and Interactive Design, and get a tour of campus facilities. Bring your questions. Info: Maura O’Connor, 860-512-2692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, on this date MCC also will hold a “Super Saturday” enrollment event, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admissions, Testing, Advising and Counseling Services, Registration, Financial Aid and Bursar’s offices — as well as the campus bookstore — will be open.
Tuesday, January 14, 4-5 p.m., SBM Charitable Foundation Building, C145 – Advanced Manufacturing. Earn a Precision Manufacturing certificate in six months and qualify for an entry-level position as a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine operator. Students can also earn up to 30 credits toward an associate degree in Technology Studies – Industrial Technology Option. Info: Tracy Ariel, 860-512-2635 or email email@example.com.
Wednesday, January 15, Great Path Academy, Community Commons – Health Career Sessions. Students interested in exploring a health career can learn about specific opportunities within these in-demand professions. Attending an information session is the first step in the admission process for each program. Attend one or all four on the same day. Program coordinators will provide details and answer questions.
- 10-11 a.m. – Surgical Technology. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Info: Terry Kennedy, 860-512-2715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11-noon – Occupational Therapy Assistant. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Info: Maggie Moriarty, 860-512-2719 or email email@example.com.
- Noon-1 p.m. – Dental Assistant. The program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association. Info: Rosemary Ryan, 860-512-2705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1-2 p.m. – Respiratory Care. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. Info: Nancy LaRoche-Shovak, 860-512-2714 or email email@example.com.
- 2-3 p.m. – Radiologic Science. MCC offers a two-year, five-semester associate degree program in Radiologic Science with Radiography and Radiation Therapy options that is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. Info: Radiography – Susan Morison, 860-512-2708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or Radiation Therapy – Nora Uricchio, 860-512- 2730 or email email@example.com.