MANCHESTER, Conn. (October 19, 2021) – Manchester Community College is opening its Culinary Arts Center kitchens to members of the community for dinners starting October 27 to help students learn and improve their culinary and hospitality skills.
The first dinner, with a “Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)” theme, begins at 7 p.m. The cost is $15 per person. COVID protocols apply to all on-campus activities.
Other dinners are scheduled for November 10 and December 1, also at 7 p.m., with a cost of $15 per person. Reservations are required and fees must be paid when the reservation is made. There is a limit of eight reservations per person per meal.
For credit card payments, call 860-512-3648; for cash or check payments, please contact the college bursar’s office to schedule an appointment to pay in person: 860-512-3640.
For additional information, visit www.manchestercc.edu/business-and-community/dining-culinary-arts-center.
The dinners will be prepared and served by students in the college’s Fall 2021 buffet catering class. The menus are:
October 27 — Dia de los Muertos Plated Dinner
- Appetizer– smoked dry pasilla stuffed with chevre, stilton, roasted walnuts drizzled with olive oil and honey
- Entrée – pork tenderloin with mole negro served with tender hominy and onion stewed mushrooms
- Dessert – decorated shortbread skulls served with molasses candied calabaza and crème Anglaise
November 10 — Harvest Dinner Buffet
- Salad – composed salad of wild rice with raisins and feta served with curried roasted butternut squash, cauliflower, citrus eggplant and chickpeas
- Entrées – cider braised pork loin with apple glaze, airline breast of chicken with roasted garlic clove butter sauce
- Sides – brown sugar roasted acorn squash, seared and braised cabbage
- Dessert – pumpkin and saffron flan, cream puffs with hazelnut crème filling
December 1 — Winter Feast
- Selection of stationed hors d’oeuvres
- Poached salmon dill vol-au-vents
- Scallop ceviche tostadas
- Chipotle chicken teriyaki skewers
- Brie fondue in a bread bite
- BBQ brisket sliders
- Falafel croquettes with zatziki