Announcement of Anticipated Opening
Program Coordinator – GEAR UP Program
Job Posting #FT190028
Community College Professional, CCP 18
Application must be postmarked by this date.
February 13, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Anticipated Starting Date
Manchester Community College is one of the largest of the 12 Connecticut community colleges, and is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education, CT State Colleges and Universities. Located in Manchester, Connecticut, MCC strives to continuously set and raise the expectations of a community college education.
We are currently recruiting for a Program Coordinator for GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs).
Candidates’ will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in an academic field;
- Experience in program design and implementation;
- Minimum of five years of experience managing programs designed to empower underrepresented students in high school and/or higher education;
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience managing a diverse team;
- An understanding of the issues facing Connecticut GEAR UP students;
- Expert and proficient knowledge, skill and ability in budget and fiscal management;
- Expert and proficient knowledge, skill and ability in data analytics and reporting;
- Solid understanding of the college search application process, including the financial aid process, the scholarship application process, college access programs and the K-12 education system and tutoring and mentoring programs;
- Strong information technology literacy skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with stakeholders.
Preferred Experience: Experience providing professional development to staff; experience working on federal educational grants such as TRIO, SSS, GEAR UP, etc.; experience with local, state or federal college access programs; and demonstrated understanding of curriculum design, college access pedagogy, and issues surrounding poverty.
Conditions: Candidates must possess valid driver’s license as in-state travel to various locations and other CSCU system events will be required; ability to work flexible schedule to include evenings and occasional weekends. This is a seven year, grant-funded position with an expected end date of September 30, 2026.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated, or who possess a degree in a related field, are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references.
GEAR UP is a federally-funded partnership between Manchester Community College and East Hartford Public Schools, which follows a large cohort of students beginning in 7th grade through their first year in college. The Program Coordinator manages all aspects of GEAR UP, including service delivery, staff supervision and evaluation, maintaining a positive relationship with East Hartford Public Schools, budget, data management and reporting. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and serves as the MCC liaison to the Statewide Director for GEAR UP.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure funds and support for the grant program and ancillary programs;
- Determine expenditures, budget preparation and maintenance;
- Act as a liaison between the college, and national, state and city government, the East Hartford Department of Education, as well as community agencies, organizations and businesses regarding grant programming;
- Be responsible for multiple administrative duties including purchasing, personnel and program administration;
- Oversee the submission of reports to funding agencies, maintenance of records and tracking members;
- Perform related duties as required.
$65,301 approximate annual with excellent benefits
Email letter of intent, resume, employment application, transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable at the application stage), and the names of three professional references to GenInfoHumanResources@manchestercc.edu
Please reference job posting number FT190028 on application materials.
Employment application materials must be complete and will not be considered if not submitted in their entirety. When filling out application, please do not refer to resume or CV; this will not be acceptable.
February 13, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Manchester Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. MCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
Manchester Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Debra Freund, Chief Diversity Officer, Manchester Community College, Great Path, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046, SSC L277.
Manchester Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.