Occupational Therapy Assistant
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics DivisionPart-time Lecturer Position
Anticipated Starting Date
Must possess either certification as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant or registration as an Occupational Therapist Registered, per NBCOT, as well as current licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in Connecticut. Further, most hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, which need not be in occupational therapy.
Minimum of three years of recent work experience as either a COTA or an OTR, within the practice area of OT/Physical Dysfunction. Ability to work with computer technology is essential.
The OTA lecturer provides superior educational experiences to OTA students in Physical Dysfunction in OT Lecture (class meets T and Th, 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m.) with corresponding relevant lab experiences (two sections on Thursdays, 1-2:50 p.m., 3-4:50 p.m.).
OTA adjunct faculty works under the supervision of the program director, and in collaboration with the academic fieldwork coordinator. Adjunct faculty are also supervised by the division director.
Job responsibilities include:
1. Performing job duties as assigned, and /or as identified by MCC’s Faculty Handbook.
2. Delivering education in accordance with the OTA program’s mission and philosophy, congruent with MCC’s mission and philosophy.
3. Designing and delivering superior instructional experiences in accordance with the student learning outcomes, thereby ensuring compliance with all relative accreditation (ACOTE) standards.
4. Designing and implementing related lab experiences to augment lecture content and providing students with the opportunity to demonstrate basic competencies.
5. Striving to promote student success while demonstrating understanding of varied learning styles as well as varied teaching/learning approaches, integrating such into students’ exposure to current trends and best practice approaches.
$1,546-$1,663 per semester hour
Please send letter of intent, resume, transcripts and the names of three references to:
Margaret Moriarty, OTA Coordinator
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Division
Manchester Community College
Great Path, MS #17
P.O. Box 1046
Manchester, CT 06045-1046
September 28, 2017
Manchester Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. MCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
Manchester Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Debra Freund, Chief Diversity Officer, Manchester Community College, Great Path, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046, SSC L277.
Manchester Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.