Announcement of Anticipated Opening
Job Posting #EA-190019
Application must be postmarked by this date.
November 18, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Anticipated Starting Date
- Associates degree is required.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Understands and demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate information on Library policies, procedures, and services effectively.
- Ability to work as a team with Library personnel in all departments.
- Must be able to take direction and be detail-oriented.
- Must have an ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain Library equipment preferred.
- Familiarity with an automated circulation system, as well as computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners and tablets preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Operating systems, and Blackboard Learning Management System preferred.
- Applicants must have an understanding of the mission of the community college and demonstrated ability to respond to and work with multiple constituencies.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their experience has prepared them for the responsibilities of the position.
The Circulation Assistant reports to the Associate Director of the Library and performs a variety of assignments related to the circulation functions of the Library Management Services platform. The Circulation Assistant also answers many of the questions asked at the Circulation Desk and assists in processing and maintaining Library collections and equipment (cameras, tablets, laptops, etc.). Responsibilities of the Circulation Assistant will include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates all circulation functions on the Library Management Services platform.
- Provides information on Library services, policies and procedures to users.
- Processes materials placed by faculty on course reserve.
- Maintains and assists students and other patrons with printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Supervises student workers as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
$26.31 hourly rate of pay; 15 hours per week.
Candidates must be flexible, as some weekend and/or evening shifts are required.
Please reference job posting number EA190019 on application materials. Send letter of intent, resume, employment application, all transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable at the application stage), and the names of three professional references via email to GenInfoHumanResources@manchestercc.edu.
Employment application materials must be completed and will not be considered if not submitted in its entirety; references to resume or CV are not acceptable.
November 18, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Manchester Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. MCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
Manchester Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, learning disability, mental disability or history thereof, physical disability (including blindness), marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), sexual orientation, criminal record, veteran status, retaliation for previous discrimination or coercion, genetic information and workplace hazards to reproductive systems. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Debra Freund, Chief Diversity Officer, Manchester Community College, Great Path, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046, SSC L277.
Manchester Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.