Announcement of Anticipated Opening
Associate Dean of Student Affairs – Reposted
Community College Management Position (Manager 2)
Job Posting #FT200007
Application must be postmarked by this date.
June 30, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Anticipated Starting Date
Manchester Community College is one of the largest of the 12 Connecticut community colleges, and is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. Located in Manchester, Connecticut, MCC strives to continuously set and raise the expectations of a community college education.
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Dean of Student Affairs. Candidates will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree, advanced study or doctoral degree is preferred;
- Five or more years of experience in higher education leadership, including familiarity, knowledge and engagement with student affairs operations;
- Three years of supervisory experience in the community college setting;
- Experience in student conduct, student affairs and international student affairs, residential life, or law;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with a clear understanding of the issues of diversity and inclusion in both student and workplace settings;
- Experience using technology in the delivery of services and case management;
- Experience working collaboratively with students, staff and faculty;
- Experience planning, developing and evaluating student affairs services and programs;
- Experience leading and directing human resources in a higher education environment;
- An understanding of assessment techniques used within a student conduct program preferred;
- Experience responding to student crises preferred;
- Management of operating budgets and plans;
- Project management;
- Excellent organizational and administrative ability;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Effective oral and written communications.
The Associate Dean of Student Affairs, reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, is responsible for assisting the Dean in all of his/her responsibilities in oversight of the day-to-day activities of the Student Affairs Division, including such areas as:
- Management of staff
- Enrollment management
- Student development programming
- Student advocacy and student conduct
- International student affairs
- Quality of student life
- Development and implementation of college goals and strategic plan
- Budget distribution/management
- Management information systems – Banner, etc.
$73,400-$95,400 approximate annual salary, with full benefits package.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: GenInfoHumanResources@manchestercc.edu. Please reference job posting number FT200007 on application materials and on the subject line of all emails. Please submit the following two attachments with your email:
- CSCU employment application and;
- Cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references and transcripts (unofficial acceptable at the application stage) in a single MS Word or PDF File.
Employment application materials must be complete and will not be considered if not submitted in their entirety; references to resume or CV are not acceptable.
Application materials with the incorrect application will not be accepted.
June 30, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Manchester Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. MCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
Manchester Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, learning disability, mental disability or history thereof, physical disability (including blindness), marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), sexual orientation, criminal record, veteran status, retaliation for previous discrimination or coercion, genetic information and workplace hazards to reproductive systems. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Debra Freund, Chief Diversity Officer, Manchester Community College, Great Path, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046, SSC L277.
Manchester Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.