Veteran Student

Whether your goal is to obtain a degree, transfer to a four-year college or university, learn new skills for job advancement or simply take a course for your own personal enrichment, you can make it happen at MCC.

Manchester Community College is becoming CT State Manchester on July 1, 2023. The CT State admissions application is now open for Fall 2023 enrollment.

Select an application below based on when you’d like to enroll.

All continuing, degree-seeking students will become CT State students as of July 1, 2023.

I am a Veteran    

A student who is serving or has served in the armed services. Educational benefits are available to Veterans, service members and their families.

Step 1: Apply for Admission 

Students may complete an application online. In submitting an application for admission, students will also need to provide:  

  • proof of high school graduation or GED from an approved secondary school
  • immunization verification of two doses each of vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (MMRV)

Students are required to be in-state legal residents for a period of one full year prior to the date of the first class of the semester to receive the in-state tuition rate. The Admissions office may require proof of residency.

Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid 

Students must be admitted to a degree program and provide proof of high school graduation or GED to be eligible for financial aid. Priority deadlines for financial aid are May 15 for the Fall semester and October 1 for the Spring semester. Students applying for financial aid after August 1 for the Fall semester or January 1 for the Spring semester should be prepared to pay tuition and fees at the time of registration. If eligible and approved for financial aid, students may be reimbursed for this payment. See Financial Aid for more details.

Step 3: Take the Assessment Test/Submit SAT Scores 

English and mathematics assessment tests are required for all degree and certificate candidates after they have been accepted for admission. Tests must be taken prior to registration as the results will help determine your proper placement in college-level English and mathematics.  After you receive your acceptance letter, which will include your Banner student ID number, go online to schedule an assessment test appointment

An exemption to taking the assessment test may be granted for the following:

  • Completion of a college English composition or college mathematics course with a grade of “C-” or better (a copy of the official college transcript/grade report is required as verification).
  • Achieving the minimum or above SAT scores. 

Exemptions may be applied for by completing the Assessment Test Exemption form and are approved through the Admissions office, SSC L156. For partial testing — English only or mathematics only — the approved exemption form must be presented to the test administrator before testing. The approved exemption form must also be presented during registration.

Step 4: Complete New Student Orientation  and Register for Classes

To get you off to a great start, all Veteran students are required to complete an informational New Student Orientation course. In the orientation, you will learn about the college and how to  register for classes.

Have you:

  • applied for admission and received your Banner ID and
  • taken your assessment test or
  • provided your SAT test results to the Admissions office?

For more information, go to New Student Orientation.

Note: If you are transferring credits from another school, please make sure to send a copy of your official transcript to the Admissions office. You will not have to attend New Student Orientation, but it is highly recommended that you register for Next Step Advising.

Step 5: Pay for College

Apply for Military Educational Benefits Online

Complete the application at

Certify Chapter Benefits

Once you have applied for your educational benefits, bring the following to the School Certifying Officer (SCO) to be certified for your benefits, and, if applicable, have your bill stamped:

  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE) – a copy of your Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) will suffice until you receive your COE
  • Veterans Benefits Contract
  • Completed Curriculum Sheet
  • Copy of your Discharge from Active Duty (DD214)  

Submit  CT Tuition Waiver

If you are using a CT Tuition Waiver only, bring your bill along with a copy of your DD214 to the SCO to have your bill stamped.

Note: For more information about Veterans Services, visit  or the Veterans OASIS office located in the Student Services Center, SSC L101.