Eligibility and Awards
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of factors, including academic achievement, financial need, service to the college and community, and credit load. While a GPA of 2.5 or better is preferred, progress in academics is considered. Financial need, first year and academic scholarships are available. Awards range from $150 to more than $1,000 and are available for fall, spring and summer.
- Scholarships will be awarded annually (fall and spring semesters).
- Fall scholarships are renewable for the spring semester as long as you continue to meet the criteria for the scholarship you were awarded.
- Recent high school graduates can apply for a scholarship to attend MCC for fall. These scholarships are also renewable for spring provided the criteria for the scholarship you have been awarded is met.
Scholarship Application Information
Fall 2019 Scholarships - Application period is closed.
Please note: An additional application period will be open in July for new students or returning students whose financial aid situation has changed resulting in additional financial need to help with tuition.
How to apply: Please check back in July 2019 for a link to the application.
You will need to provide:
- The number of credits you will be taking in fall 2019.
- A 1,000 word or less statement about why you are applying for a scholarship and how it will help you. Please note that the quality of your writing is considered.
- A listing of your community service and volunteer activities.