Eligibility and Awards
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of factors, including academic achievement, financial need, service to the college, and community and credit load. While a GPA of 2.5 or better is preferred, progress in academics is considered. Financial need, first year and academic scholarships are available. Awards range from $150 to more than $1,000 and are available for fall, spring and summer.
New for 2018-19
- Scholarships will be awarded annually (fall and spring semesters).
- Fall scholarships are renewable for the spring semester as long as you continue to meet the criteria for the scholarship you were awarded.
- Recent high school graduates can apply for a scholarship to attend MCC for fall. These scholarships are also renewable for spring provided the criteria for the scholarship you have been awarded is met.
Scholarship Application Information
Fall 2018 Scholarships - Applications due September 19, 2018
A second opportunity to apply for Fall 2018 scholarships is now available.
How to apply: Applications must be completed online. Simply click on the link below to setup a new account or login into your existing account, then complete the application questions and upload the required documents:
- One recommendation
- A one-page typed essay. The quality of your writing counts; assistance is available at the Writing Center.
- Your resume: List any extracurricular activities and volunteer work (especially activities at MCC).
- An official statement of your financial situation, including a copy of your most recent bank statement, if applicable, if you are applying based on financial need.