Eligibility and Awards
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of factors, including academic achievement, financial need, service to the college and community, and credit load. While a GPA of 2.5 or better is preferred, progress in academics is considered. Financial need, first year and academic scholarships are available. Awards range from $150 to more than $1,000 and are available for fall, spring and summer.
New for 2018-19
- Scholarships will be awarded annually (fall and spring semesters).
- Fall scholarships are renewable for the spring semester as long as you continue to meet the criteria for the scholarship you were awarded.
- Recent high school graduates can apply for a scholarship to attend MCC for fall. These scholarships are also renewable for spring provided the criteria for the scholarship you have been awarded is met.
Scholarship Application Information
Spring 2019 Scholarships - Applications due by February 4, 2019
How to apply: Gather the items listed below and then follow this link to complete and submit your application. Please note that the application must be completed in one session. You will need to provide:
- The number of credits you will be taking in spring 2019.
- A 1,000 word or less statement about why you are applying for a scholarship and how it will help you. Please note that the quality of your writing is considered.
- A listing of your community service and volunteer activities.
- One letter of recommendation from an MCC professor. Students new to MCC may request a letter from a former teacher/professor or community member such as a pastor or employer.
Click here to download the recommendation form.
Applications are due no later than Monday, February 4, 2019.
All applicants will receive an email on or before February 28, 2019, regarding the status of their scholarship application.