Eligibility and Awards
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of factors, including academic achievement, financial need, service to the college, and community and credit load. While a GPA of 2.5 or better is preferred, progress in academics is considered. Financial need, first year and academic scholarships are available. Awards range from $150 to more than $1,000 and are available for fall, spring and summer.
New for 2018-19
- Scholarships will be awarded annually (fall and spring semesters).
- Fall scholarships are renewable for the spring semester as long as you continue to meet the criteria for the scholarship you were awarded.
- Recent high school graduates can apply for a scholarship to attend MCC for fall. These scholarships are also renewable for spring provided the criteria for the scholarship you have been awarded is met.
Scholarship Application Information: Application periods are now closed. Please check back in January 2019.
Fall 2018 Scholarships - Application period is now closed. Please check back in January.
How to apply: Applications must be completed online. During an open applications period simply click on the link below to setup a new account or login into your existing account, then complete the application questions and upload the required documents:
- One recommendation
- A one-page typed essay. The quality of your writing counts; assistance is available at the Writing Center.
- Your resume: List any extracurricular activities and volunteer work (especially activities at MCC).
- An official statement of your financial situation, including a copy of your most recent bank statement, if applicable, if you are applying based on financial need.