Scholarship FAQs

How do I know if I am eligible to apply for a scholarship?

New and returning Manchester campus students who are enrolled in a degree or certificate program at the CT State Manchester campus and are taking classes at the Manchester campus are eligible to apply for a scholarship from MCC Foundation. Please note that the MCC Foundation only provides scholarships to assist with classes taken at the Manchester campus for students who are homed at CT State Manchester. They cannot provide scholarship support for classes taken at other CT State campuses or for students not homed at the CT State Manchester campus.

How do I apply?

Current and returning students: Scholarship applications are online. Begin your application.

Where can I get assistance with my application?

Questions on the Application

Email or call 860-512-2909.

Help with writing the essay

Please contact the Writing Center within the Academic Support Center if you need assistance completing your essay.  Call 860-512-2610 for hours and to learn more.

Help with FAFSA and Financial Aid

The Financial Aid office can assist students with information on applying for the FAFSA and financial aid. Visit the office in L177, email or call 860-512-3380 to learn more.

General questions

Please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement for general help and questions about scholarships through MCC Foundation.


Call: Diana Reid at 860-512-2909.

How are scholarship awards determined?

For tuition assistance scholarships, the foundation office works with the financial aid and admissions office to determine a student’s need. For merit scholarships, a scholarship committee reviews merit applications, which are scored based on GPA (min. 3.0 is required), personal statement, community involvement and letter of recommendation (required). We work to match each student with a scholarship that fits the criteria set by our scholarship donors, and the student’s level of need.

What if I have financial aid?

In many cases, students who are receiving financial aid and have an outstanding tuition balance may be eligible for a scholarship. We work with the financial aid office to determine if a student is eligible for a scholarship and the amount that could be awarded.

If you have a full Pell Grant, you will want to consider applying for an academic merit-based scholarship. Merit scholarships require a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a letter of recommendation from a professor or staff member.  Financial need-based awards are geared towards students with outstanding tuition balances.

What if I maxed out my financial aid?

Students who have exhausted their financial aid resources are encouraged to apply for a tuition assistance scholarship.

What if I am an international student?

International students enrolled in a degree or certificate program at CT State Manchester are typically eligible and encouraged to apply for  scholarships as long as they have been at CT State for at least one full semester.

How much tuition will an MCC Foundation scholarship cover?

Scholarships cover a student’s unmet direct need (tuition, fees, textbooks and educational supplies). Most scholarship awards range from $250 to $1500. The exact amount is determined by the Manchester campus financial aid office.

Can scholarship awards be used for books and supplies?

Some of the scholarships have this flexibility, but not all of them. There are limited funds available for textbook scholarships from the Student Affairs office.

What if I already have a bachelor’s degree?

If you are enrolled in a degree or certificate program at CT State Manchester, you are encouraged to apply for a scholarship through MCC Foundation, regardless of your previous educational achievements.

When will I receive the scholarship funds?

The Bursar’s office provides us the date when they would like the scholarship checks sent to them. Scholarship funds are generally posted to student accounts within two weeks after financial aid census occurs. However, the bursar’s office is notified when a student is receiving a scholarship and an internal memo is placed on your account with a notification of the scholarship.

What happens if I leave CT State Manchester or reduce the classes I take?

If the number of credits a student indicates that they plan to take differs from the total credits for which they register, or the student drops classes, this could affect the student’s scholarship award. Please contact the Scholarships office to discuss your situation with our staff.

I am unable to take classes this semester. Can I hold my scholarship for a future semester?

No. Unused funds are returned to MCC Foundation.

What if I am enrolled at at another school or CT State campus and satisfying requirements at the Manchester Campus?

If your home school is a different CT State campus, or a different college/university you are not eligible for an MCC Foundation scholarship. MCC Foundation scholarships only support students who are enrolled in a degree/certificate program at CT State Manchester and the classes taken at CT State Manchester.

Are scholarships available for the summer session?

Yes however scholarship consideration is limited to students who need a pre-requisite course or for students who have one or more last classes needed to graduate from the Manchester campus.

What if I have a balance on my account from a previous semester?

If you have a balance on your account from a prior semester, please contact the Manchester campus financial aid office for assistance.

I received PACT. Am I still eligible for a scholarship?

Students who receive PACT funding are not eligible to receive an MCC Foundation scholarship towards tuition and fees. However, students may be eligible for a scholarship that covers unmet direct needs not covered by PACT funding. This may include college fees, textbooks and educational supplies.