MCC Foundation plays an instrumental role in ensuring the college’s doors are open to the community. Board members are ambassadors for the college and seek to share our understanding of the pivotal role MCC plays in our region. Because MCC is a vital community asset, we seek to attract resources for the college and its students in support of scholarships, programs and equipment.
I welcome you to learn more about MCC, what makes it unique and how you can be involved. There are so many ways MCC can benefit its students and the community and so many ways you can make a difference through the power of education.
Michael B. Lynch Jr.
MCC Foundation President
What We Do
Since 1968, MCC Foundation has supported the college’s strategic initiatives via funding for student scholarships, college programs and equipment. Financial needs cannot be met by state dollars alone; MCC needs private partners like you to ensure access, excellence and relevance to our community is sustained.
Through its fundraising and outreach, MCC Foundation is focused on building a network of community support and promoting increased public understanding of the college as a regional resource and economic contributor.
Foundation News Stories
- MCC Awards President’s Scholarship to 11 High School Seniors (6/19/2018) - The MCC President’s Scholarship is awarded to graduating seniors at participating high schools within MCC’s primary or secondary service areas. The award covers the student’s tuition and fees for the fall semester.
- Scholarships to MCC Available for Graduating High School Seniors – Application Deadline June 15 (6/8/2018) - Manchester Community College now offers scholarship opportunities to high school seniors who are planning to attend in the Fall 2018 semester. The High School Graduate Scholarship is made possible through the MCC Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports the mission and purpose of Manchester Community College. The deadline for applying for a fall award is June 15.
- Latest Edition of Shapes is Now Available (5/3/2018) - The literary and art magazine of MCC is online, and a beautiful printed version is available in locations around campus.
- Jay Williams, President, Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, to Address MCC Graduates at 54th Commencement Exercises (4/20/2018) - Williams has served as president of HFPG since 2017. During his tenure, he has been working to build stronger relationships between the foundation and the local communities it serves.
- Evening of Fine Wines to Be Held Friday, April 27 (4/9/2018) - The fundraiser is made possible with support from presenting sponsor, Glastonbury-based Kelser Corp., with Kelser President and CEO Barry Kelly serving as honorary chair. A champagne reception under a tent in the GPA courtyard is sponsored by United Bank Foundation from 6 to 7 p.m. An auction of choice VIP items will be held during the champagne reception.
- MCC Foundation to Sponsor Luncheon Presentation on New Tax Bill and Use of Donor-Advised Funds (3/27/2018) - The MCC Foundation invites members of the community to join Dr. Robert and Joyce Fish ’81 and financial planner David Brosnan for a presentation filled with practical advice on charitable giving Thursday, April 19.
Manchester Community College Foundation
Great Path, M.S. #6
P.O. Box 1046
Manchester, CT 06045-1046