MCC Foundation plays an instrumental role in ensuring the college’s doors are open to the community. Board members are ambassadors for the college and seek to share our understanding of the pivotal role MCC plays in our region. Because MCC is a vital community asset, we seek to attract resources for the college and its students in support of scholarships, programs and equipment.
We welcome you to learn more about MCC, what makes it unique and how you can be involved. There are so many ways MCC can benefit its students and the community and so many ways you can make a difference through the power of education.
What We Do
Since 1968, MCC Foundation has supported the college’s strategic initiatives via funding for student scholarships, college programs and equipment. Financial needs cannot be met by state dollars alone; MCC needs private partners like you to ensure access, excellence and relevance to our community is sustained.
Through its fundraising and outreach, MCC Foundation is focused on building a network of community support and promoting increased public understanding of the college as a regional resource and economic contributor.
Foundation News Stories
- MCC Foundation Sponsors Talk by 2019 Common Read Project Author Wes Moore (4/9/2019)- As part of the 2019 Common Read Project at Manchester Community College and Capital Community College, Wes Moore, award winning author of this year’s selection will speak on the MCC campus Thursday, April 18, from 1 to 1:45 p.m. in the SBM Charitable Foundation Auditorium. The event, free and open to the public, is supported by a major grant from MCC Foundation.
- MCC Sponsors Visiting Artist Talk (3/25/2019)- The visiting artist series at Manchester Community College continues with artist/printmaker Carol Wax on Tuesday, April 2, from noon to 1 p.m. in the SBM Charitable Foundation Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public.
- Restaurateur Billy Grant to Serve as Honorary Chair of Evening of Fine Food and Friends, April 26 (3/20/2019)- He will be bringing an exclusive tasting table for Evening of Fine Food and Friends VIP ticket holders at a special reception preceding the main event. In addition, he will offer a personal chef experience for a small group of friends.
- Open Invitation to 2019 Hall of Fame Donor Appreciation Brunch, February 17 (1/31/2019)- Each year MCC Foundation bestows its Extraordinary Volunteer Service and Investor of the Year awards on individuals or groups who have demonstrated commitment to Manchester Community College that stands out. Reservations for the brunch are required; the cost is $25 per person for a delicious brunch, champagne, dessert and the award presentation.
- Early Bird Ticket Sales for Evening of Fine Food and Friends Fundraiser, April 26 (1/4/2019)- Billy Grant, local celebrity chef and restauranteur, and an MCC Foundation board member, will serve as honorary chair of this year’s event. As the new name emphasizes, this cabaret-themed night of fun, food, friends, wines and beers shines a light on all that MCC students contribute to make this this outstanding signature fundraiser a success.
- MCC’s Classical Cuisine Dinner Supports the College’s Hospitality Student Clubs and Competition Teams (11/29/2018)- The dinner is Tuesday, December 4, beginning at 6 p.m. The Iberian-style menu features Spanish tapas, casoletta de paella, caldo verde, garlic-roasted pork shank, blood orange sorbet, olive-oil poached monkfish, grilled pulpo and pastel de nata.
- MCC Announces 2018-19 Scholarship Awards (11/5/2018)- A scholarship celebration was held Tuesday evening, October 30, in the SBM Charitable Foundation Auditorium. A reception followed for the recipients and their families.
- MCC Alumni Association to Hold Alumni Dinner and Awards Ceremony (11/1/2018)- The Manchester Community College Alumni Association will hold its annual dinner and award ceremony Tuesday, November 13, from 6:15 to 8:30 p.m. in the Student Services Center atrium.
- MCC Foundation Appoints Jason Gutcheon to its Board (8/22/2018)- Gutcheon is a partner and owner of Professional Business Insurers, a family-based, privately-held business that specializes in providing benefits to employees of small to midsize companies.
- MCC Awards President’s Scholarship to 11 High School Seniors (6/19/2018)- The MCC President’s Scholarship is awarded to graduating seniors at participating high schools within MCC’s primary or secondary service areas. The award covers the student’s tuition and fees for the fall semester.
- Scholarships to MCC Available for Graduating High School Seniors – Application Deadline June 15 (6/8/2018)- Manchester Community College now offers scholarship opportunities to high school seniors who are planning to attend in the Fall 2018 semester. The High School Graduate Scholarship is made possible through the MCC Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports the mission and purpose of Manchester Community College. The deadline for applying for a fall award is June 15.
- Evening of Fine Wines to Be Held Friday, April 27 (4/9/2018)- The fundraiser is made possible with support from presenting sponsor, Glastonbury-based Kelser Corp., with Kelser President and CEO Barry Kelly serving as honorary chair. A champagne reception under a tent in the GPA courtyard is sponsored by United Bank Foundation from 6 to 7 p.m. An auction of choice VIP items will be held during the champagne reception.
- MCC Foundation to Sponsor Luncheon Presentation on New Tax Bill and Use of Donor-Advised Funds (3/27/2018)- The MCC Foundation invites members of the community to join Dr. Robert and Joyce Fish ’81 and financial planner David Brosnan for a presentation filled with practical advice on charitable giving Thursday, April 19.
Manchester Community College Foundation
Great Path, M.S. #6
P.O. Box 1046
Manchester, CT 06045-1046