Incoming Transfer Student

Students who are interested in receiving credit for course work from another accredited institution, or through CLEP (College Level Examination Program), and who are currently pursuing a degree at MCC, must have a sealed, official college transcript sent to: 

Manchester Community College Admissions Office
Great Path, MS# 12
P.O. Box 1046
Manchester, CT 06045-1046.

An official transfer credit evaluation, based on your program of study/major, will be completed only after you have been accepted and matriculated into the college.

Transfer credit may be granted for comparable courses completed at accredited colleges and universities in which a student has received a grade of “C-” or better. Degree credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to the course requirements of, the degree program at Manchester Community College in which the transferring student is enrolled.

For transfer equivalency information, please refer to the Transfer Planning web page.

Regardless of the number of transfer credits that are accepted from other colleges, a student must complete at least 25 percent of the minimum credit requirements for their program of study at MCC.

Transcripts will be evaluated on a rolling basis. You may view your transfer credits on myCommNet. Log in, go to “Banner Student & Faculty Self-Service”, select “Student Records”, select “Grades/Registration History”.

Transcript evaluations can be done in our office on a walk-in, first come, first serve basis. We hope that this service will provide prospective transfer students with appropriate information to facilitate enrollment at MCC. Students should bring the preliminary evaluation when meeting with an advisor and/or present to the Registrar’s office to register for classes.

Students who are attending, or have attended, a college or university and are interested in registering at MCC need only submit proof of prior college coursework (an unofficial transcript) at the time of registration as proof of having met course prerequisites. It is not necessary to submit an official college transcript if a student is not pursuing a degree or certificate program at MCC.

Academic advising for course and program selection is available through Guided Pathways Advising.  Students may also contact the Program Coordinator or appropriate faculty member for advising and program planning.