Summer Session 2017
Summer classes are now viewable!
Summer applications begin February 1. Summer sessions begin May 22, 2017. Registration begins March 14, 2017.
What You Need to Know
If you are registering to take a credit course and have never attended MCC or another Connecticut community college as a credit student, a one-time, non-refundable $20 application fee is required. This fee is non-refundable, even if a class is cancelled by the college. You are also required to complete an MCC Application for Admission.
Special Note: If you are attending another college or university and intend to transfer your MCC course(s) to your home institution, please check first that these credits are transferable to your school. There are no refunds past the allowable drop period, whether a course is transferable or not.
High School Students: If you are a high school student looking to take a summer course, you must provide the following:
- Completed application including the non-refundable $20 application fee.
- Letter of approval from a high school guidance counselor.
- High school transcripts.
- Proof of eligibility. This can be through appropriate SAT scores or by taking our assessment test. A letter from the high school is not proof of eligibility.
If you are registering for a course that has a prerequisite, you must submit an unofficial transcript to the Registrar’s office (fax: 860-512-3221) as proof of having met the prerequisite, or bring a copy of your unofficial transcript with you when registering in person.
You do NOT need to submit proof of high school completion or MMRV immunizations if you are a non-degree, non-matriculating student taking summer and/or winter intersession courses only.
- Summer and Winter intersession courses are part of MCC’s credit extension program. Tuition and fees vary from those during the Fall and Spring semesters, and the refund policy is different (see the Summer/Winter Catalog).
- For tuition information, please refer to the “credit-extension” costs.
- Credit extension programs are self-supporting. All courses are operated on an instruction fees-supported basis. Classes with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled.
- Mail-in registration must be received by the Registrar’s office five business days prior to the start of the requested course. Students will be advised if a course is full.
- Late registration will be accepted on a space-available basis by permission of instructor only.
- If registering online, you can print out a course confirmation at the end of the process. You will receive your course schedule printout, with course location(s), as a confirmation, within a week after we receive your registration form via mail. Students who register in-person will receive confirmation at that time. Your confirmation is necessary to purchase textbooks at the MCC Bookstore. Course locations are also listed online.
- For credit course prerequisites, see the catalog.
- Financial aid may be available during the summer session for students with unused Pell money from the current academic year, and who are matriculated in a degree program at MCC. Visiting students will not be eligible for financial aid. For winter term coverage, please contact the Financial Aid office at 860-512-3380.
- Full payment must accompany registration.
- Credit Cards — We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover Card.
- Checks — Please make all checks payable to “MCC.” Please include student’s Social Security number or Banner ID on the check.
- Textbooks and supplies can be purchased at the Bookstore in the Student Services Center. The Bookstore will be closed whenever the college is closed. For more information and Bookstore intersession hours, call 860-645-3140.