We know that you are excited about starting college and about choosing courses that are right for you. To get you off to a great start, we are requiring you to attend an informational, two-hour New Student Orientation session.
During the orientation, you will receive new student academic advising, which means we will provide you with an understanding of how to achieve your academic goals and help you select your courses for your first semester. Topics presented during the New Student Orientation include the following:
- Overview of your associate degree and certificate choices
- Description of degree and certificate course requirements and credits
- Explanation of English and math placements, which are determined by your test results
- Awareness of college policies, campus security and services for students
- Ideas for how you can get involved in student activities and clubs
To help you gain confidence navigating our college system, we will teach you how to use our online tools. Our learning objectives for the orientation include gaining proficiency in the following skills:
- How to look up your degree or certificate in the MCC online catalog
- How to determine if you have completed course prerequisites
- How to search for courses
- How to build your course schedule
- How to register for classes through myCommNet (access through the MCC website)
Set-Up Your myCommNet Username (NetID) and Password in Three Easy Steps!
Before attending a New Student Orientation session, you will need to set-up your username (NetID) and password for myCommNet. The myCommNet is a section of our MCC website that contains student resources and personal information, such as financial aid details, transcripts and grades, registration services (including adding and dropping courses), a link to Blackboard Learn and much more.
Here are the three easy steps to setting up a myCommNet username (NetID) and password:
1. Go to myCommNet.
2. Set Up Your Username (NetID) and Temporary Password:
- Username (NetID): Your username (NetID) is your Banner ID followed by “@student.commnet.edu”
- Example: email@example.com
- Temporary Password: Your temporary password is made up of the following pieces of personal information:
- First three letters of your birth month (first letter is capitalized)
- “&” Symbol (keyboard command is Shift 7)
- Last four numbers of your Social Security Number
- Example: Dec&4321
3. Change Your Temporary Password to Your Unique Password: After activating your temporary password, you will be prompted to set up your unique password.
Sign Up for a New Student Orientation Session
- Applied for admission and received your Banner ID and
- Taken your assessment test or
- Provided your SAT test results to Admissions?
If so, you are ready to register for your New Student Orientation session. Please click on the link below.
We look forward to meeting you during your New Student Orientation session.
To confirm, cancel, or reschedule a New Student Orientation session, please visit http://www.manchestercc.edu/apps/nss/nss-cancel-confirm-appt.php
New Student Orientation Contact Information
For more information and to set up an appointment, please visit or call our office.
Location and Hours: Student Services Center (SSC), L108, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Office Phone: For general information, please call 860-512-3320.
Program Coordinator: To call or email our staff, please use the contact information below.
New Student Orientation Coordinator