If your FAFSA is selected for verification, and you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval option or you changed the IRS data, you will be required to request a tax transcript from the IRS and upload it to your Inceptia Verification Gateway account. Note, a Tax Return Transcript is the record supplied directly by the IRS; it is not a copy of your 1040 tax return.
Do not request a Tax Account Transcript or Record of Account because they cannot be used for financial aid verification purposes.
There are three ways to request your tax return transcript:
To obtain a Tax Return Transcript visit: http://www.irs.gov
- Under the Tools section on the IRS homepage, click “Get A Tax Transcript”
- Click “Get Transcript by MAIL”
- Provide the filer’s Social Security number or an individual Tax Identification Number (TIN), date of birth, and address from your latest tax return
- Request the “Tax Return Transcript” – NOT the “Tax Account Transcript” – for the specified year
* The IRS never sends email requesting you to obtain, upload or access your transcripts. If you receive such an email, please forward it to the fraud group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BY PHONE OR MAIL
Contact the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946. Tax filers must follow prompts to enter their social security number and the street address number listed on the latest tax return filed. Request an IRS Tax Return Transcript and then enter the appropriate year. Note: If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address that was used in their telephone request, within five to ten days from the time the IRS receives the request. IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested by telephone cannot be sent directly to a third party by the IRS.
You can also submit a paper request form to the IRS to obtain the transcript. The forms are: IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T.
Note: The Financial Aid Office is required to verify all students selected for verification by the federal government.