Federal Verification Process with Inceptia
MCC has established a partnership with Inceptia to expedite the federal financial aid verification process. Verification Gateway (VG) from Inceptia is an online portal to guide students and parents through verification.
If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the US Department of Education, you will receive an email from VGCS@inceptia.org, or postcard from Inceptia, containing Manchester Community College’s unique website link to start the verification process.
We encourage you to begin the verification process within seven days of receiving notification from Verification Gateway to ensure you receive your financial aid in time for payments. Failure to complete the verification process could result in the delay or denial of your financial aid.
Follow these steps to complete your verification:
- Go to MCC’s unique web link in the email from VGCS@inceptia.org or listed below.
- Create your account and choose preferences for text messages and e-signatures.
- Complete your task list.
- Confirm your signature and review your information.
- Sign your account.
*If you are a dependent student, your parent also needs to create their own account and complete each of these steps.
Verification Gateway Links and Deadlines for Manchester Community College
2020-2021 Federal Verification: https://www.verificationgateway.org/mcc2021
Deadline for submitting these documents is 8-31-2021.
2021-2022 Federal Verification: https://www.verificationgateway.org/mcc2022Deadline for submitting these documents is 8-31-2022.
Questions about the verification process?
Contact Inceptia, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. , at 888-374-8427 or email VGCS@inceptia.org.
Once forms are submitted for verification, Inceptia will review your file and make corrections to your FAFSA, if necessary. Information will then be sent to the Financial Aid office. From there, we can determine your eligibility and award you, if applicable. Review of documents take approximately one week, although during peak registration periods, Inceptia’s review can require even more time. You will receive periodic emails informing you of your current status. This information can also be checked through your myCommNet account. Once you are awarded financial aid, your myCommNet account should display your award.
- Don’t assume that, once you complete the FAFSA, you are finished with the financial aid application.
- Dependent students, if selected for verification, need a parent to create an Inceptia account as well, just as with the initial FAFSA application.
- Typically, if your FAFSA is selected for verification, and you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval option or you changed the IRS data, you will be required to submit a copy of a signed tax return to Inceptia. If you do not have a copy of the tax return, you may request a tax transcript from the IRS and submit it for review. If you need to request your tax transcripts, you can visit the IRS website for either an electronic copy or to request one be delivered to your home.
- Be sure to keep your email address up to date with the Registrar’s office.
- We only assume that you are interested in grants. Although work-study and loans are also part of financial aid, they must be applied for separately. Applications are available in the Financial Aid section of the Form Depot or in the Financial Aid office.
- Failure to submit completed verification documents to Inceptia can result in:
- Loss of financial aid for the semester or academic year.
- Loan not being approved.
- Future applications for aid not being processed.
Inceptia, a division of National Student Loan Program, is a nonprofit organization committed to offering effective and uncomplicated solutions in financial aid management, default prevention and financial education. Their mission is to support schools as they launch brilliant futures for students, armed with the knowledge to become financially responsible citizens. Learn more at Inceptia.org.