- Receive a copy of your Master Promissory Note
- Receive a repayment schedule
- Have a six-month grace period before repayment begins
- Prepay your loan at any time without penalty
- Apply for a deferment or forbearance if you can’t make payments
- Receive notice when your loan has been paid in full.
- Repay your loan even if you don’t complete your education
- Make loan payments even if you don’t receive a bill
- Carefully review the terms and conditions of your loan
- Keep copies of all your loan documents
- Complete entrance counseling before you receive loan funds and complete exit counseling before you begin repayment
- Contact your loan servicer when you can’t make a monthly payment, change your name, address or phone number, transfer between schools or change your anticipated graduation date.