Request an F-1 Visa

International students on an F-1 visa may enroll at Manchester Community College. International students on a visa other than an F-1 visa may also enroll for classes at MCC but must consult with the Director of International Student Affairs and Student Conduct/Principal Designated School Official or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to verify their student eligibility and enrollment status.

All international students on non-immigrant visas and most non-permanent residents will be charged out-of-state tuition and fees.

International students with an F-1 visa who are interested in attending Manchester Community College should contact the Director of International Student Affairs and Student Conduct/PDSO to ensure that their I-20 application is processed in a timely manner for U.S. State Department approval.

How to Get Started

To be admitted to Manchester Community College, all international students seeking an I-20, F-1 student visa must:

  • Submit the admissions application.
  • Submit the International Student Information Form to
  • Submit official proof of high school completion or General Education Development (GED). This documentation must be in English.
  • Submit an affidavit of support with proof of financial responsibility and name of citizen/permanent resident sponsor.
  • Submit affidavit of room and board.
  • Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam with a minimum score of 70 on the Internet-based test (IBT) or 173 on the computer-based test (CBT); an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5 is also acceptable.
  • Schedule to take the assessment test for English and math placement.
  • Meet with the DSO/PDSO to complete an I-20 SEVIS application for United States Government international visa processing.


Semester Application/Materials Deadline Registration Deadline
Fall 2019 June 30, 2019  August 27, 2019
Spring 2020 November 15, 2019 January 20, 2020

All I-20 documents must be submitted to the International Student Affairs office. I-20 students must maintain a full-time status (12 or more credits per semester).

Manchester Community College is not an English as a Second Language institution and cannot process I-20s for F-1 intensive English language development.

Manchester Community College does not have housing or dormitory provisions. Visit the Student Activities’ webpage for local housing and rental opportunities.

Please contact the Admissions office at 860-512-3214 for an appointment if you are requesting an I-20 information packet or if you have any further questions.