What is it?
The High School Partnership (HSP) program allows students to take college classes while still in high school. Each semester, students may take up to two classes (eight credits maximum) on the MCC campus at any time outside of their high school hours. The High School Partnership tuition waiver may only be applied to fall and spring full-semester courses. Late start and/or accelerated courses are currently not covered by the HSP agreement.
Who is eligible?
Juniors and seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 attending a contracted high school are eligible to participate.
Contracted High Schools
- Bacon Academy
- Bloomfield High School
- Bolton High School
- Howell Cheney Technical High School
- Cornerstone Christian Academy
- Coventry High School
- East Catholic High School
- East Hartford High School
- East Windsor High School
- Ellington High School
- Glastonbury High School
- Great Path Academy
- Hartford Job Corps
- Manchester High School
- RHAM High School
- Rockville High School
- Rocky Hill High School
- South Windsor High School
- Synergy Alternative High School
- Tolland High School
Multiple measurement tools are used to determine course placement. Please provide a current high school transcript, SAT/ACT score report, and an Advanced Placement (AP) score report if necessary. SAT/ACT and AP may be obtained free of charge through College Board’s website. Official scores reports are not required for placement purposes.
What are the requirements?
- Be a junior or senior with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a Dual Enrollment application. The application link and instructions are available through your high school counselor.
- School Counselor Recommendation. Once the application is submitted, send the School Counselor Recommendation link to your high school counselor through the application’s supplemental items.
- Parental Consent. Once the application is submitted, send the Parental Consent link to your parent/guardian through the application’s supplemental items.
- Current high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores, and/or AP score report if applicable.
- Annual MCC/HSP contract signed by the district Superintendent or designee.
How can I apply?
Students must complete a Dual Enrollment application. Please contact your high school counselor/designee for the application link or contact Mariah Thomas.
What is the cost?
Tuition and fees, including supplemental course fees and material fees, are waived for a HSP student. Students are responsible for textbooks and supplies, as well as transportation to and from MCC. HSP students are not eligible to receive financial aid or scholarships and may not take pre-college (developmental) coursework.
When can I register?
HSP applicants will receive an acceptance email once all required application materials are submitted. Fall registration will open in July and spring registration will open in December. The acceptance email will contain specific registration dates and other pertinent information.
- Accepted students must attend an orientation session with the Associate Director of Admissions, or designee, prior to registering for classes.
- Registration forms must be submitted to the Associate Director of Admissions, or designee, following orientation. Students will be registered on a space-available basis; online registration is not permitted.
How do I get my credits earned to transfer to another college?
Once the course is complete, the final grade becomes a permanent part of a student’s academic history at MCC. The credits can be applied to an MCC degree program or transferred to another institution. Submit a transcript request via myCommNet to have a transcript sent electronically or via mail through Parchment.
Who can I contact with more questions?
You may contact your high school counseling office or Mariah Thomas.
One Participating High School Contract is needed per year, to be signed by MCC and the district Superintendent or designee of the participating high school.