High School Partnership Program

What is it?

The High School Partnership Program (HSPP) is designed to allow students to take college classes while still in high school. The students may take up to two classes (eight credits maximum) on the MCC campus at any time outside of their high school hours. High School Partnership is only allowed during the fall and spring 15-week general fund semesters.

HSPP Overview
Application (fillable)
Assessment Test Exemption (fillable)
Class Registration (fillable)
Recommendation (Only one per school needed) (fillable)

Who is eligible?

Students who are juniors or seniors that have a 3.0 GPA that attend a contracted high school are allowed to take courses through HSPP.

Contracted high schools

  • Bacon Academy
  • Bloomfield High School
  • Bolton High School
  • Howell Cheney Technical High School
  • Cornerstone Christian Academy
  • Coventry High School
  • East Catholic High School
  • East Hartford High School
  • East Windsor High School
  • Ellington High School
  • Glastonbury High School
  • Great Path Academy
  • Hartford Job Corps
  • Manchester High School
  • RHAM High School
  • Rockville High School
  • Rocky Hill High School
  • South Windsor High School
  • Synergy Alternative High School
  • Tolland High School

Students must be eligible for college-level courses. To determine college-level course eligibility, students must provide us with an official high school transcript and/or SAT/ACT scores. See the testing guidelines below.

SAT Score Guidelines
Old SAT scores (taken before March 2016): New SAT scores (taken March 2016-present):
Critical Reading/Writing: ≥450 for ENG*101 Reading Test: ≥25 for ENG*101
Math: ≥500 for MAT*109, 138 Writing & Language Test: ≥26 for ENG*101
Math: ≥530 for 146, 148, 158, 165, 172 Math: ≥530 for MAT*109, 138
Math: ≥550 for MAT*185, MAT*186 Math: ≥570 for MAT*146, 148, 158, 165, 172
Math: ≥650 for MAT*254 Math: ≥620 for MAT*185,  MAT*186
  Math: ≥670 for MAT*254

ACT Score Guidelines

  • A math score of 18-21 will place the student in MAT*138
  • An English score of 21 or a score of 47 or higher on the English and Reading portion combined will place the student in ENG*101.

What are the requirements?

  • Students must be academically strong, with at least a “B” overall average, and in their junior or senior year.
  • A letter of recommendation for each student; one letter listing the names of all the participating students is acceptable.
  • An official high school transcript and/or SAT/ACT Scores.
  • A completed HSPP application for each applicant.
  • A current MCC/HSPP contract signed by the Superintendent or designee must be submitted to the Admissions office each academic year.

How can I apply?

Students must fill out a High School Partnership application. Please see your program coordinator/designee for an online HSPP application or contact Jeanette Rivera Epps.

What is the cost?

Tuition and fees, including supplemental course fees and material fees, are waived for a High School Partnership student. The student is responsible for books and supplies as well as transportation to and from MCC. HSPP students are ineligible for financial aid. HSPP does not cover pre-college (developmental) courses.

When can I register?

  • HSPP applicants will receive notification of acceptance after the application deadline.
    • Spring applicants will receive notification of acceptance in December.
    • Fall applicants will receive notification of acceptance in July.
  • HSPP accepted students must attend an Orientation & Registration Session with the Associate Director of Admissions, or designee to register for courses.
  • Registration will be held with the Associate Director of Admissions, or designee.
  • HSPP accepted students will receive notification of a designated Orientation &  Registration Session date and will register for course(s) on a space-available basis.

How do I get my credits earned to transfer to another college?

Once the course is complete, the student’s final grade becomes a permanent part of their academic history at MCC. The credit can be applied to a MCC degree-track or be transferred to another institution. To transfer the credit, simply request an academic official transcript to be sent to the college/university. It is free of charge and can be done electronically or via mail.

Who can I contact with more questions?

You may contact your high school counseling office or email Jeanette Rivera Epps.

One Participating High School Contract is needed per year, to be signed by MCC and the superintendent/principal of the participating high school.