Admission and Aid

Getting Started

Thank you for your interest in Manchester Community College. To be admitted to the college and register for classes you will need to take the following six steps:

How To Apply

Step 1: Apply for Admission

Apply for Admission

Students may apply online.

Official high school transcripts or GED and MMRV immunization are required. Students transferring to MCC from another college or university must have an official transcript sent to the Admissions office for a transcript evaluation. An unofficial transcript may be used to demonstrate proof of having met course pre-requisites for students taking a single course or in a non-degree, non-matriculated status.

Requirements for Admission

An applicant must be a graduate of an approved secondary school or hold a secondary equivalency diploma. Students are required to be in-state legal residents for a period of one full year prior to the date of the first class of the semester to receive the benefit of the in-state tuition rate. The Admissions Office may require proof of residency.

All new applicants must complete an MCC Admissions Application; provide proof of high school or college graduation or GED and submit proof of two doses of measles, mumps, rubella and varicella immunizations to be accepted into a degree program, to be eligible for financial aid, and/or to graduate. Applicants currently enrolled in high school should apply to the College early and begin the enrollment process, which includes assessment testing and/or submission of SAT scores (if applicable), completion of the financial aid (FAFSA) process, advising, registration and payment of tuition and fees. Upon graduation, please ask your high school to send an official transcript, with a date of graduation, to the Admissions office for proof of high school completion.

What Kind of Student Will You Be?

Health Career Students

Students interested in pursuing a health career must fill out a separate Health Careers Application in addition to the MCC new student application. There is no charge for the health career application. Health Career Applications are available in the Admissions Office and program-specific pages. Please consult program coordinators for specific deadlines. Completed Health Careers Applications should be sent to:

Manchester Community College
STEM Division MS# 17
Great Path
PO Box 1046
Manchester, CT 06045

A separate application is not required for the Therapeutic Recreation and Health and Exercise Science programs. For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator.[/expandsub1]Transfer Students

Transfer Students

If seeking transfer credit, students must meet all application requirements, be currently enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program, and provide official transcripts from all colleges, universities or ESL programs attended. Students interested in having their prior college transcript evaluated, and courses transferred to their MCC transcript, must have an official transcript sent to the Admissions office. A preliminary evaluation may be emailed to a student, upon request, and used for advising purposes. After a transcript has been evaluated, students may meet with an advisor during walk-in hours or at a Next Step Advising session.

Students interested in taking courses at MCC, who are enrolled in another college or university, and do not intend to transfer courses to MCC, do not need to submit an official college transcript but must show proof of having met pre-requisites (an unofficial transcript or online print-out is sufficient). Please call 860-512-3220 for additional information.

Re-admit Students

Re-admit Students

Students who are returning after a two-year or more absence must complete a new application. Students who have applied and never registered at MCC must complete a re-application form.

Home-schooled Students

Home-schooled Students

Applicants to Manchester Community College who have completed home schooling must meet the same requirements as any other applicant; these include, but are not necessarily limited to, completing an application and submitting proof of measles, mumps, rubella and varicella immunizations. In addition, the applicant must submit either a federal or state equivalency diploma or a summary of the secondary program of study they pursued, and a certificate of successful completion thereof, signed by the parent or another provider of the homeschooling.

Applicants who have ever attended a secondary school must also submit a copy of that transcript, whether or not they may have graduated from there.

Applicants who are in the process of homeschooling, but who have not as yet completed the equivalent of a high school education, should contact Mariah Thomas in the Admissions Office at 860-512-3214.

Non-degree Students

Non-degree Students

Students who are interested in enrolling in individual credit courses, but who are not interested in pursuing a degree or certificate program, may elect to enroll as non-degree, non-matriculating students. Students applying as non-degree students must complete the Admissions Application.

Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid or veterans benefits and are limited to 11.99 credits per semester.

Step 2. Apply for Financial Aid

Apply for Financial Aid

Students must be matriculated in a degree program and provide proof of high school completion to be eligible for financial aid. FAFSAs should be submitted as soon after October 1 as possible. Priority deadlines for financial aid are May 15 for the fall semester or October 1 for the spring semester. Students applying for Financial Aid after August 1 for the fall semester or January 1 for the spring semester should be prepared to pay tuition and fees at the time of registration. If eligible and approved for Financial Aid, students may be reimbursed this payment. A payment plan is available for those students registering for six semester hours or more. Please visit the Bursar’s office to make payment plan arrangements. See Financial Aid for more details.

Step 3. Determine Course Placement

Determine Course Placement

Course placement is currently determined by High School GPA and/or SAT Scores.  Please make sure these documents are uploaded to your application profile for processing.

An exemption may be granted for the following:

  • Completion of a college English composition or college mathematics course with a grade of “C-” or better (a copy of the college transcript/grade report is required as verification).
  • Graduating from a Connecticut high school with a final cumulative GPA of 3.0.
  • Achieving appropriate scores on the SAT/ACT or GED. See the guidelines on the Assessment Test page.
  • Students age 62 or older do not have to take assessment tests.

Step 4. Sign Up for New Student Orientation

Sign Up for New Student Orientation

We know that you are excited about starting college and choosing courses that are right for you. To get you off to a great start, all new students are required to review the New Student Orientation material.

Have you:

  • applied for admission and received your Banner ID and
  • provided your HS Transcript and/or GPA for placement

Step 5. Register for Classes

Register for Classes

New students must sign up for a New Student Orientation to register for classes. Transfer students are not required to attend New Student Orientation, but must attend a Next Step Advising session for program and/or course selection. Students interested in transferring credits to MCC should have their prior college transcript evaluated in the Admissions office before meeting with an advisor. Please bring the preliminary evaluation with you to your advising meeting. Students who are not pursuing a degree or certificate at MCC, plan to register for 11 credits or fewer, have been exempted from the test, and/or meet all the requirements for testing and immunizations can register on-line or in-person.

Step 6. Pay

Pay Tuition and Fees

Immediately after registering please go to the Bursar’s Office (SSC L165) with your payment for tuition and/or fees or pay online at myCommNet. A secure night deposit box and envelopes are available for payments made after the Bursar’s Office is closed.

  • For financial aid, all students must first apply online at For assistance or for financial aid information, please call 860-512-3380 or go to SSC 177.
  • For health careers, contact Nicole Simmons at 860-512-2703.
  • For the High School Partnership, contact Mariah Thomas at 860-512-3214 (SSC L156).
  • As an international student requesting for a SEVIS I-20 for F-1 Visa, contact K. Umesh Vig at 860-512-3204 (SSC L287).
  • As a new, re-admit, or transfer student, and have questions, please contact Takia Lugo at 860-512-3218.
  • If interested in receiving an official transcript evaluation, contact Mariah Thomas at 860-512-3214.

Submissions and Contact Information

How to file the application or contact the MCC Admissions office :

  • Mail:
    Manchester Community College
    Admissions Office, MS#12
    Great Path, PO Box 1046
    Manchester, CT 06045-1046
  • In Person: Student Services Center, Room L156
  • Online: Apply for Admission
  • Fax: 860-512-3221
  • E-MailAdmissions

Admissions and Registrar’s Office Hours

Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.

We look forward to receiving your application and helping you in any way we can. Thank you for making MCC your college of choice.