- A Travel Authorization Form (CO-112) is required if you are:
- traveling out-of-state regardless of the cost
- traveling on a continuous basis within the State of Connecticut as part of your duties (blanket request)
- requesting reimbursement of expenses relating to tuition.
- Submit or return documents above to Division Academic Associate after the conference has been approved.
Additional travel details can be obtained from the Administrative Affairs office by going to Travel Procedures page.
Documents Required Prior to Travel
- Complete a Travel Authorization form (CO-112 located in the Form Depot) and email it to the Division Director for approval at least four weeks prior to the date of the conference. Please include a link to the conference website in the description portion of the form.
- Email notification will be sent after all approvals have been received. The travel authorization and additional documentation (see below) must be forwarded to the appropriate Division Academic Associate for processing.
- brochure or link to the conference specifying dates, name and location of the conference
- air flight itinerary confirmation and/or air fare receipt
- taxi/rail/shuttle (estimates acceptable/actual receipts are required when requesting reimbursement)
- tolls/parking fees (estimates acceptable/actual receipts are required when requesting reimbursement)
- conference hotel/lodging confirmation or receipts
- mileage-MapQuest (starting point MCC). Mileage rate is calculated at $0.58 cents/mile
- Declaration of Insurance Page from the employee’s current auto insurance policy. If requesting mileage reimbursement, all state employees
who are authorized by their agency head to use their own motor vehicles in performance of their duties must carry insurance for a
minimum liability of $50,000/$100,000 and $5,000 in property damage or,in lieu thereof, a minimum of $100,00 for liability for bodily
injury and property damage
- Meals are calculated at maximum $100/day (meals that are part of the conference package should not be included below).
All meal receipts must be submitted after the conference.
- registration receipt or confirmation
- car/van rental (requires permission from the Dean and should be reserved through the business office at least 45 days prior to travel)
- Bradley International Airport Parking Permit: contact Olive Flynn at email@example.com or x23639 one week prior to traveling
- travel that is of “no cost” to the college must also be approved by the Division Director using the same process
- tuition: collect a blue Tuition Reimbursement form from the Division Academic Associate or from Human Resources
- Cancellation of travel: Immediately notify the Division Academic Associate and firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference start date.
Professional Development Funding Per Semester
$2,500 for conferences and $600 for membership fees/dues or $3,900 for coursework.
Full-time employees presenting at a conference
$50 (included in the conference cost).
P/T lecturers with at least 18 credit hours in the community college system
$1,050 for conferences and $250 for membership or $1,500 for coursework.
P/T non-teaching employees with at least nine hours per week for at least three semesters
$900 for conferences and $225 for membership or $1200 for coursework.
Travel amount is determined by the Division Director and/or Dean. The approval process is the same as regular travel.
No Cost to the College and Blanket Travel
Complete a Travel Authorization form (CO-112 located in the Form Depot) and email it to the Division Director for approval at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the conference. Please include a link to the conference website in the description portion of the form.
Division Academic Associates
Liberal and Creative Arts
Social Science, Business and Professional Careers
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics