Skip to main content
For the info you need regarding COVID-19 guidelines and resources, visit the COVID-19 Information page.
Tips for Work Experience Employers
- Clearly define the job, establish goals and set realistic expectations.
- Adequately train students on job tasks and skills. Provide the intern with the tools and materials to assist him/her during the internship.
- Make time to exercise basic supervisory skills such as listening, communicating, and providing feedback.
- Help students develop positive habits and attitudes. Set a good example. Stress the importance of daily attendance and positive attitudes toward work ethic. Help build self confidence and self esteem.
- Be responsive to administrative and clerical tasks, such as completing school forms.
- Encourage other employees to familiarize the student with various functions, and to respect their role as an intern or co-op student.