Skip to main content
The MCC campus may be closed but our offices are open to serve future and current students. Use any of the emails or phone numbers found on this website to connect with our faculty and staff.
Tips for Work Experience Employers
- Clearly define the job, establish goals and set realistic expectations.
- Adequately train students on job tasks and skills. Provide the intern with the tools and materials to assist him/her during the internship.
- Make time to exercise basic supervisory skills such as listening, communicating, and providing feedback.
- Help students develop positive habits and attitudes. Set a good example. Stress the importance of daily attendance and positive attitudes toward work ethic. Help build self confidence and self esteem.
- Be responsive to administrative and clerical tasks, such as completing school forms.
- Encourage other employees to familiarize the student with various functions, and to respect their role as an intern or co-op student.