We are a nonprofit student club that provides computer services to current CT State Manchester students.
Free Repair and Diagnostic Services
Services are provided on a walk-in basis and include:
- Virus removal and protection
- Hardware repair and cleaning
- Software installation and other services
- Resource for commonly asked questions
The club also reconditions donated computers and makes them available to Manchester students through a lottery system.
Desktop computers include a mouse, keyboard, monitor and video and power cables. Windows 10 is installed. The computers are able to do simple web browsing and run basic office applications.
All Manchester home campus students are eligible to enter the lottery for a free computer. Lotteries are run during the Fall and Spring semesters. To enter the lottery, send an email to the faculty club advisor, Professor Richard Gnall. The subject line should read: Computer Lottery – Your Name.
The body of the email should state you are interested in the computer lottery and must include the following information:
- Full Name
- Banner ID
- Home Campus
- Email Address
- Phone Number (If available)
This program is sponsored by CT State Manchester, MCC Foundation and the Computer Repair and Share Club.
If you are interested in donating desktops or laptops to the lottery, please contact the club by email. Continuous donations help sustain this program.
Interested in Joining?
Benefits of Membership
- Provide hands-on computer repair and diagnostics
- Participate in student government and leadership opportunities
- Learn customer service skills
- Gain real-world experience for resumes
- Meet other students with similar interests
- Help the community with its computer problems
How to Become a Member
Stop by the club’s meeting room, SSC L150, to talk to a club officer and fill out the member registration form. Any Manchester student can become a club member, regardless of their major, as along as they are self-motivated and want to learn new skills.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room L150