Transportation U-Pass FAQ

1. Who is eligible?
The U-Pass is available to both full- and part-time credit undergraduate students at the Connecticut public colleges and universities taking at least one class per semester on campus. Quinebaug, Northwestern CT and Naugatuck Valley Community Colleges and Eastern and Western CT State Universities are not participating in the program in Fall 2017. In addition, at this time graduate students as well as exclusively online, noncredit and early college/high school students are not eligible for the program.
2. For how long is the pass effective?
The fall semester U-Pass covers August 1‐December 31, 2017. The spring semester U-Pass covers January 1‐July 30, 2018.
3. What is the cost?
Each student is charged $20 per semester for the pass. The CT Department of Transportation has set this special rate for CSCU students only; normal cost to the public is $63 per month. The transportation fee is considered an institutional charge so financial aid may be applied.
4. How do students get the U-Pass?
Students may obtain a bus pass from the MCC Bursar’s Office. Students must pay the $20 fee and have a valid MCC student ID. Student IDs can be obtained from the Student Activities Office. Student IDs are $5.
5. What is required for students to use pass and on what types of transportation can it be used?
Students must have a valid student ID to show along with their pass when using the transportation systems. Students can use the unlimited semester pass to travel within the state on rail or bus including CTtransit and CTfastrak, but excluding Amtrak.
6. What happens if student loses pass?
A student only be given one replacement pass per semester. There is a $20 replacement cost. After that, they must wait for the next semester to get a new pass.
7. What happens if student attends multiple CSCU schools?
A student will only be charged once for the pass. Students will need to request a waiver from their second school after the payment of the first fee. Proof of the first payment will be required.
8. Is the fee refundable if student withdraws?
Student fees, which include the transportation fee, are non‐refundable.
9. Who do students contact with problems?
T. J. Barber, director of student activities and holistic services,, 860-512-3282