2021 Registrations Are Now Open. Limited Classes; First Come, First Served,
Important Registration Instructions
- Registrations are ONLY accepted through the designated drop box on the MCC campus:
Arts, Sciences and Technology Center (AST)
Main Lobby Information Desk (1st Floor)
Park in the West Lot and enter the main lobby through the AST front doors.
The Information Desk is immediately on your left, and the drop box is located on top of the desk, labeled “MCC Motorcycle Program Registrations.”
- Each registration requires three forms: MCC Registration Form, State of CT Form and the Adult Waiver or Minor Waiver. Be sure to sign and date your registration and enclose your payment with the forms. Registrations submitted without payment will be delayed and you will lose your place in line. View the schedule of classes before registering.
- Enclose and seal your registration in an envelope (business-size preferred) and slide into the drop box slot.
- You will receive a confirmation via email, confirming the class that you are enrolled in. If your first, second and/or third choice of classes are full, we will contact you to pick another class/set of dates.
- No rescheduling allowed; please be sure to save the course dates for the course(s) you select.
- The classroom and driving range sessions will observe COVID-19 safety guidelines. More information about this policy can be found on the COVID-19 Information page.
Staffed Hours for the AST Info Desk
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1-7 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m.
- CLOSED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- For before- and after-hours drop-off of registrations in drop box
- CLOSED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Participants must have a valid driver’s license or a motorcycle learner’s permit. Participants less than 18 years old must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver in order to be accepted into the class. All participants must complete the waiver form.
New to All Courses
A mandatory eCourse must be completed before the first classroom session; student must have internet access via a computer or mobile device.
- Students will be provided with a coupon code and eCourse instructions in an email confirming class registration.
- Please be sure to provide a current, valid email address on your MCC Registration Form.
- The eCourse takes approximately 3 hours to complete, and includes topics on selecting proper riding gear, defensive riding strategies, and how to handle a variety of riding strategies.
- Proof of eCourse completion must be presented to the instructor at the first classroom session, either with the printed certificate or mobile phone display.
- BRC students cannot earn their Motorcycle endorsement without completing the eCourse.
- The on-ground classroom sessions will reinforce the topics learned in the eCourse, and will help students complete their own Rider Self-Assessment.
Note: If you want to take the BRC using your own scooter, you must properly mark the MCC registration form, fill out the insurance information box on the State of Connecticut registration form, and sign a waiver at the driving range. The size of the scooter must be 250 cc or smaller. The scooter must be registered and insured, with proof provided on the State of Connecticut registration form, and the scooter must pass a safety inspection by the instructors.
BRC students who successfully complete the course will have a waiver electronically sent to DMV. More information on this process will be explained in class. The waiver exempts the student from having to take the on-cycle skills test for motorcycle licensing. The knowledge skills portion and appropriate fees of the DMV license are still required.
Also upon successful completion of the course, students may be entitled to a 10% insurance discount; please contact your agent for details.
Important Facts About This Course
All levels of training present the necessary skills for survival on the street. Since the curriculum progresses at an aggressive pace, you should be aware of the following facts:
- Operating any vehicle brings with it responsibility and risk, including the risk of serious injury. All participants must sign the Waiver and Release of Liability form prior to participation. Adult riders need to complete the Adult Waiver form. For participants under 18 years of age, please use the Waiver for Minors form, and a parent or guardian must also sign the form.
- Riding a motorcycle is much more difficult than riding a bicycle or operating a car. It involves a great deal of hand/eye coordination. You must be able to balance a two-wheeled vehicle. If you can’t, please practice before attending.
- Always come to class in good physical condition—well rested, attentive, and able to fully participate.
- You will be required to push a motorcycle.
- You will be required to read and study the workbook provided.
- On average, about 75-80% of enrollees successfully complete this course. During the course you may discover or be told that riding a motorcycle is not for you. For your safety and the safety of others, the instructor may not allow you to continue.
- Classes are conducted in all weather conditions, so come to each session prepared! Bring rain gear, warm clothes (for cold days), water, lunch and a snack.
Essential Items Required for the Driving Component of Your Class
If unsure about your items meeting the requirements, you may bring them to class for instructor approval.
Students without any one of the following items will not be allowed to ride:
- Helmet. Due to COVID-19 precautions, students must provide their own helmets.
- Eye protection (face shield, goggles or glasses)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Full-fingered gloves, leather preferred
- Long, ankle-length pants (denim or other heavy material)
- Leather boots or leather athletic shoes (over-the-ankle style)
Location of Classroom Sessions and On-cycle Training
- All classroom sessions are scheduled at MCC. Be sure to check the room location on the confirmation letter that will be mailed to you after you have been enrolled in your course, and allow enough time to find your classroom when you arrive on campus.
- The on-cycle sessions are held at one of two Manchester locations: on the MCC campus (Parking Lot A) or at the commuter parking lot near the the Shoppes at Buckland Hills.
- The location of your on-cycle sessions will be noted on your confirmation letter, and will also be announced during the first classroom session at MCC.
Fees and Registration
- The BRC fee is $220.
- Please note that there are two registration forms: one for MCC and a second for the State of Connecticut, in addition to a waiver You must completely fill out all three forms, or your registration will be delayed.
- Payment is due at time of registration. Registrations are ONLY accepted through an on-campus drop box. You may pay using a personal check, money order, or your American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card (credit-card information must be noted on the MCC registration form).
- Cash payments are not accepted.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. In addition to your first preference, please select a second and third choice, if possible. This can potentially save time if your first choice is full by the time MCC receives your registration. You will automatically be enrolled in your second or third choice if your higher choice is full. Please save all dates until your course is confirmed.
- A confirmation letter will be emailed to you shortly after you have been enrolled in a section; be sure to enter a valid email address on your registration form.
- You must attend and participate in all sessions, in sequence. There are no exceptions. Any absence will require you to register for another course, pay again, and start from the beginning. If you know you will miss a session for any reason, do not enroll in that time slot; choose another session.
Registration Forms and Schedule of Classes
Important: For each registration, there are three forms to be returned:
- MCC Motorcycle Program Registration Form
- CT DOT Motorcycle Program Registration Form
- Waiver Forms (for Adults and Minors)
Registrations will only be processed when we receive all of the following:
- Your payment of $220. Please make check or money order payable to MCC. If paying by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card or American Express), the card information is required on the MCC registration form. Cash payments are not accepted.
- A completed MCC Motorcycle Program registration form.
- A completed Connecticut DOT Motorcycle Program registration form
- A completed Waiver for Adults form or Waiver for Minors form. Waiver for Minors is required if the student is under 18 years of age and must be completed by the student’s parents or legal guardian.
Seal completed registration and payment in an envelope and insert into drop box.
No US mail, in-person, web, fax, telephone or email registrations can be processed for this program. Registration ONLY via drop box on MCC campus.
Registered students may drop the course and receive a full refund if notified in writing (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) at least three business days or more before the start date of the course.
After this deadline, refund requests due to extreme circumstances will follow the college’s Refund Appeal Policy.