What Is Excursions In Learning?
Excursions in Learning is a self-supporting program that provides educational enrichment classes for inquisitive minds in grades K-9.
What Are The Expectations of Excursions in Learning Students?
Excursions students are expected to be kind and respectful, to always try their best, and to follow instructions. Our goal is to provide a safe, encouraging and nurturing learning environment for children to explore their academic and artistic passions. Any student who does not adhere to the expectations will be dismissed from the program without a refund at the coordinator’s discretion.
Why Choose Excursions?
- Certified teachers and qualified staff
- Small class sizes
- MCC’s sophisticated college campus: state-of-the-art equipment, technology, and software programs in our updated classrooms, Culinary Arts Center and science laboratory facilities.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Visit the COVID- 19 safety precautions page
- Visit the COVID-19 Information page
- Excursions catalogs have the entire COVID-19 statement for MCC
How Can I Register My Child For Classes?
- Online: Complete the online registration and, when done, call 860-512-2804 to pay by credit card and disclose child’s birthdate
- Email: Scan completed forms and email to Larmstrong@manchestercc.edu
- Over the phone with the coordinator: 860-512-2804
- During Covid-19 times: please do not mail: Excursions in Learning Registration, Manchester Community College, Great Path, MS #16, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046
Where Is The Registration Form?
Our PDF registration form can be downloaded from our website or online.
How Will I Find My Classroom?
Upon submitting a registration, parents will receive an email confirmation including course details, a campus map and parking/classroom directions.
What Do I Need If the Class Is Online?
The student will need internet access and a computer. A webcam with microphone is required for live audio/video classes. Microsoft Teams application free download is also required and used by the instructor and students. Students will be contacted prior to class with further instructions.
Does Registration Close?
Registration closes at 12 noon on the Monday before a class begins. Class sizes are limited and many courses fill quickly. Enrolling early is highly recommended.
Do You Offer Scholarships?
We do not offer scholarships for our Saturday classes.
Need-based scholarships may be available in the summer for our Summer Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth Programs. These scholarships are not available for Culinary or Jr. Culinary classes. Information on these scholarships can be found in the summer catalog when it arrives in March.
Are There Class Discounts?
Choose one option only; discounts cannot be combined.
- Summer Early Registration Discount – save $25 per course, per child. Registrations must be postmarked by 6/1/21. (Not available for Culinary or Jr. Culinary classes)
- Summer Multiple Sibling Discount/Friend Discount – save $25 per course, per child, by registering two or more children for a class. Forms must be submitted together. (Not available for Culinary or Jr. Culinary classes)
- Fall Early Registration Discount – save $5 per course, per child. Registrations must be postmarked by 10/1/20.
- Fall Multiple Sibling Discount/Friend Discount – save $5 per course, per child, by registering two or more children for a class. Forms must be submitted together.
How Do I Request A Refund?
To request a full refund, please email Carleigh Schultz and Linda Armstrong by 12 noon on the Monday before the class begins. Refund requests must be received in writing, via email. If you paid with a credit card, the amount will be placed back on your card in 2-4 weeks. If you paid with a check, a refund check will be issued in the student’s name and mailed to the address on file, as is college policy. Refund checks are issued by the State Comptroller’s office and may take up to six weeks to arrive.
Is There A Way To Appeal If My Refund Request Is Denied?
What If My Child Falls Ill And Is Unable to Attend Class?
Students who are sick the day of class and are unable to attend, may choose to switch into another same semester course of equal value on a space available basis. Please email the coordinator, Linda Armstrong. This is not applicable to students who miss one day out of a multi-session course.
What If A Class Is Cancelled?
MCC reserves the right to cancel or postpone a class and/or substitute instructors as needed due to unforeseen circumstances. If MCC cancels a class, registrants may transfer their fees to another class for the same semester or receive a full refund. Registrants will be notified by phone or email, as soon as possible, if a class is cancelled.
What If We Are Experiencing Extreme Weather When the Class Is Scheduled?
For class cancellations due to extreme weather, please check the main page of the college’s website (www.manchestercc.edu) or call the college hotline at 860-512-3000. If campus is closed or adult classes are cancelled, then all Excursions classes for that day or time are also cancelled. The coordinator will either contact you with a potential rescheduled date or you will be refunded.
Will My Child’s Photo Be Taken?
The Manchester Community College Office of Marketing and Public Relations often takes or commissions photos and videotapes of students, faculty and staff, and campus visitors.
These images are taken in classrooms and labs, in the library and other study areas, at college events and elsewhere around campus. MCC reserves the right to use these photographs/video clips as a part of its publicity and marketing efforts. Students who enroll at MCC do so with the understanding that these photographs might include them and might be used in College publications, both printed and electronic, and for publicity.