Our mission at Excursions in Learning is to take a leadership role in gifted education and enrichment programming; to be an educational and community resource for the 15 towns in the college’s service area and beyond; and to collaborate with schools, cultural institutions and community groups in educational endeavors.
Our Enrichment Programs & Classes
Saturday enrichment classes in February, March and April. This catalog is usually available online by late December.
This catalog is usually available by mid-March.
- June and July
- Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead! (Grades K-2 & 3-4) one-week program exploring STEAM = science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics. Two separate weeks of programming available.
- The TECH Academy: (Grades 5-8) one-week program exploring technology, science, math and/or engineering. Two separate weeks of programming available.
- Adventures in Leadership Ropes Challenge: (Grades 5-7 or 8-10) one-week session strengthening leadership and teamwork skills.
- Youth Culinary Institute: (Grades 5-8) one-week culinary arts program.
- August (July 30-August 10, 2018)
- Summer Academy for Gifted Youth: (Grades K-8) a two-week exciting and challenging academic program for students in grades K-8. Half-day and full-day courses available. Students must enroll in the full two weeks.
Saturday enrichment classes in October, November and December. The catalog is usually available on our website in July.