Continuing Education programs are self-supporting. Each year more than 8,000 area residents participate in credit and credit-free courses, seminars and workshops, as well as the many cultural activities and special educational services offered through the division. The division’s offices can be found in the John V. Gannon Continuing Education Center, located in the Learning Resource Center, rooms B105 and B147.
Credit-Free Courses and Programs
Credit Extension Courses
Corporate and Community Training Center
Continuing Ed News Stories
- MCC Offers Custom Workforce Development Courses as State Reopens Following COVID-19 Shutdowns (6/2/2020) - As Connecticut begins to reopen, businesses, non-profits and other organizations that shut down because of COVID-19 will need workforce training for employees returning to work and those newly hired for the ramp-up.
- MCC Credit-Free Programs Offers Many Courses Online for Summer 2020 (5/19/2020) - Many of the offerings are professional development courses designed to provide people interested in shifting careers with a short-term path to new, in-demand job skills. There are also a number of personal enrichment courses.
- MCC Credit-Free Programs Offers Personal and Professional Development Courses for Spring 2020 Semester (12/6/2019) - MCC’s Continuing Education division’s spring credit-free catalog has courses starting on an ongoing basis.
- MCC CCTC Creates Customized Distance-Learning Course for Cyient Employees (5/20/2019) - The goal of the customized curriculum is to provide participants with a deeper understanding of manufacturing and design principles. A recent cohort was taught on the MCC campus, as instruction was simultaneously live streamed to Cyient remote work teams who were also enrolled in the course.
- “Farm-to-Table” Concept is Inspiration for new Excursions in Learning Cooking Course (4/12/2019) - MCC’s Continuing Education program for gifted and talented youth, Excursions in Learning, will offer a new course as part of the summer 2019 session. Chef Rachael LaPorte, an International Caterers Association award-winning natural food chef, is the course instructor.
Printed catalogs and brochures are published periodically by the Continuing Education Division to provide schedules of educational offerings and registration information. These are available upon request from the division.
For further information relating to Continuing Education offerings or to request a catalog or brochure, you may call our Information Line at 860-512-2800, continue checking our web pages or send an email to Continuing Education Information Desk.
Would you like to register for a credit-free class online? You can register online with a American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard or Visa up to the start date of your selected course. For further instructions, visit the Credit-Free Registration page.