The Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division offers open-enrollment non-credit courses and certificate programs, custom corporate training for community businesses through the Corporate and Community Training Center, and a robust children’s program – Excursions in Learning Youth Program – for children in grades K-8.
Programs in this division are self-supporting and support the college’s mission to “advance academic, economic, civic, personal and cultural growth by providing comprehensive, innovative and affordable learning opportunities to diverse populations. We are a learning-centered community committed to access, excellence and relevance.”
Each year, more than 4,000 area residents participate in non-credit courses, seminars and workshops, as well as the many cultural activities and special educational services offered through the division. The division’s offices can be found in the John V. Gannon Continuing Education Center, located on the ground floor of the Learning Resource Center, rooms B105 and B147. For more information, email CEinfo@manchestercc.edu.
- Personal Enrichment Courses
- Professional and Workforce Development
- Excursions in Learning Youth Programs
Continuing Education News Stories
- MCC Offers Free Certified Nurse Aid Job Training with Support of CARES Act Funding (9/22/2020) - The six-week course is offered at no cost to students. It starts Monday, October 5 and runs through Wednesday, November 11. To be eligible, students must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED, and their employment must have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- MCC Can Help People Boost Job Credentials This Fall with Non-Credit Computer Technology Courses (9/15/2020) - These short-term courses – some are just two sessions -- run through December on an ongoing basis. They are designed to provide people interested in shifting careers or boosting their current employment with a quick path to in-demand computer skills.
- MCC Releases Non-Credit Catalogs for Fall 2020 (8/19/2020) - Manchester Community College offers non-credit courses in Workforce Development as well as Personal Development and Enrichment for Fall 2020. Each set of programs is featured in its respective catalog to enhance access to continuing education programs.
- MCC Offers Pharmacy Technician Program Starting August 31; New Externship Option Announced (8/18/2020) - MCC has begun a new partnership with Hartford HealthCare pharmacies that includes an optional 80-hour externship. There is no additional fee for the externship, which begins in October.
- MCC Names Pigott Associate Dean of Continuing Education and Workforce Development (7/22/2020) - Pigott, a resident of Newington, earned a bachelor’s degree in business management from the University of Connecticut. He also holds an MBA from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University.
Printed catalogs and brochures are published periodically by the Continuing Education Division to provide schedules of educational offerings and registration information. These are available upon request from the division by emailing CEinfo@manchestercc.edu.