The Workforce Development and Continuing Education division offers open-enrollment non-credit courses and certificate programs, custom corporate training for community businesses through the Corporate and Community Training Center, and a robust children’s program – Excursions in Learning Youth Program – for children in grades K-8.
Programs in this division are self-supporting and support the college’s mission to “advance academic, economic, civic, personal and cultural growth by providing comprehensive, innovative and affordable learning opportunities to diverse populations. We are a learning-centered community committed to access, excellence and relevance.”
Each year, more than 4,000 area residents participate in non-credit courses, seminars and workshops, as well as the many cultural activities and special educational services offered through the division. The division’s offices can be found in the John V. Gannon Continuing Education Center, located on the ground floor of the Learning Resource Center, rooms B105 and B147. For more information, email CEinfo@manchestercc.edu.
- Personal Enrichment Courses
- Professional and Workforce Development
- Excursions in Learning Youth Programs
Continuing Education News Stories
- Student Success: MCC/VRABE Partnership Graduates 10 in Special Certified Nurse Aide Cohort (5/17/2022) - A grant-funded partnership between Manchester Community College and Vernon Regional Adult Board of Education (VRABE) created a special Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) program. A cohort of ten students recently graduated and passed their state certification exams.
- MCC Non-Credit Catalog for Spring 2022 Now Available (1/19/2022) - Manchester Community College‘s Continuing Education and Workforce Development division released its non-credit catalog for Spring 2022. The courses run through May.
- MCC Non-Credit Catalog for Fall Features New Courses for Professional and Personal Development (9/9/2021) - Manchester Community College‘s non-credit catalog for Fall 2021 is now available. Courses run September through December.
- MCC Releases Non-Credit Catalog for Summer (5/19/2021) - As Connecticut gradually returns to pre-pandemic business status, MCC is opening the campus to more on-ground and hybrid offerings, in addition to online classes.
- MCC Releases Workforce Development Catalog for Spring (12/30/2020) - Courses are designed to provide people interested in shifting careers with a short-term path to new, in-demand job skills.
Printed catalogs and brochures are published periodically by Continuing Education and Workforce Development to provide schedules of educational offerings and registration information. These are available upon request from the division by emailing CEinfo@manchestercc.edu.