Alumni Giving Challenge
Black Friday…Cyber Monday….GIVING TUESDAY!
Show your support for MCC students by giving now through November 27, 2018 to help us reach our goal to raise $5,000.
Sign-up for the Alumni eNewsletter to learn about upcoming alumni news, events and programs.
About the Alumni Association
The MCC Alumni Association was re-established on June 1, 2014, after a hiatus of four years. The new alumni association looks forward to working with MCC alumni of all ages to build relationships, share success stories and college happenings, and partner alumni with our current students, fellow alumni and college community.
Alumni who are interested in providing input to the MCC Alumni Association, share ideas or volunteer for events and programs can contact Diana Reid, MCC Alumni Association Coordinator, by email to email@example.com or by phone at 860-512-2909.
Membership in the alumni association is free! All graduates of MCC degree and certificate programs, and those students who have left the college in good standing and have earned nine or more credits are considered alumni and eligible for membership. Register Today!
Alumni News Stories
- MCC Credit-Free Programs Offers Courses for Summer 2019 (4/3/2019)- Students can take a class to enrich their lives with new knowledge or improve their social and business networks, as well as boost in-demand job skills affordably and in a short format.
- Manchester Community College Announces Transfer Visits for April (3/28/2019)- Anyone interested in learning more about transferring to a university can speak to representatives from the visiting institution. Bring questions regarding admissions, individual program interests, deadlines for application and anything else relevant to the transfer process.
- MCC Alumnus Edgar Kunz Returning to Read as Professional Poet (3/26/2019)- Kunz’s Tap Out was published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt March 5. He plans a national book tour through May that includes an April 10 stop at MCC at 8 p.m. in Great Path Academy Community Commons.
- Restaurateur Billy Grant to Serve as Honorary Chair of Evening of Fine Food and Friends, April 26 (3/20/2019)- He will be bringing an exclusive tasting table for Evening of Fine Food and Friends VIP ticket holders at a special reception preceding the main event. In addition, he will offer a personal chef experience for a small group of friends.
- MCC Summer Classes Are Now Viewable Online; Get Ahead with Credit Extension Courses (3/19/2019)- Courses run throughout the summer, beginning in May, June and July. Courses in a wide variety of subject areas are offered online and on-ground, at a convenient times and at tuition and fee rates that are very affordable.
- MCC Alumni and Students Can Get Job Search Help at Regional Job Fair, March 29 (3/11/2019)- Volunteers from Capital Workforce Partners, the Goodwill Career Center and MCC Alumni Association will be available from 9 a.m. to noon to help with resumes and interviewing skills.
- MCC Alumni Association Celebrates 2018 Alumni of the Year at Annual Alumni Dinner (11/20/2018)- Marilyn Parkinson Thrall ‘73, a resident of Canton, and John B. Toomey, Jr. ’74, of Bolton, have been named 2018 Alumni of the Year by the Manchester Community College Alumni Association.
- MCC Alumni Can Earn Bachelor’s Degree at Community College Cost (6/21/2018)- Manchester Community College recent graduates with an associate degree now have the opportunity to earn their bachelor’s degree at the same cost as MCC tuition and fees – as well as with the convenience of online courses -- through Charter Oak State College.
- Michael G. Polo to Receive Honorary Associate Degree from Manchester Community College (5/10/2018)- Polo is a member of the MCC manufacturing program’s advisory board and works closely with credit and non-credit faculty on job placements and internships for MCC’s students.
- Evening of Fine Wines to Be Held Friday, April 27 (4/9/2018)- The fundraiser is made possible with support from presenting sponsor, Glastonbury-based Kelser Corp., with Kelser President and CEO Barry Kelly serving as honorary chair. A champagne reception under a tent in the GPA courtyard is sponsored by United Bank Foundation from 6 to 7 p.m. An auction of choice VIP items will be held during the champagne reception.
- MCC to Host Launch Party of Its 50-Year History Book Friday, December 12 (12/2/2014)- MCC will host a book launch and signing party for the newly released history of the college, Education that Liberates and Ennobles: A History of an American Community College, by Susan Phillips Plese. The event will be held Friday, December 12, from 3:30 to 5 p.m., at the Manchester Community College Arts and Education Center.
- MCC Congratulates Former Student on Appointment to Superior Court Bench (5/11/2010)- Manchester Community College congratulates MCC alumni Kathleen McNamara`74, of East Hartford, for her recent appointment as a new judge of the Superior Court.
- Paterna’s Faculty and Staff Team Triumphs Over Alumni (2/17/2010)- First Annual Charity Game At Great Path Academy Gym A Success
- MCC Alumni Association Honors Community Leaders, Faculty and Students at Annual Meeting (5/5/2006)- The Distinguished Alumni award, the Excellence in Teaching award, the Volunteer Service award and the Outstanding Business Partner award will be presented during the ceremony.
Alumni Association Office
Student Services Center, Second Floor, L202
MCC Alumni Association
Great Path, M.S. #6
P.O. Box 1046
Manchester, CT 06045-1046
Alumni Relations Coordinator