Now that you have been accepted to Manchester Community College, please follow the steps below to finalize enrollment. The Admissions office is available to answer questions along the way!
1. Activate myCommNet
The portal will give you access to all student information. When logging into myCommNet for the first time, the Net ID for a Student ID (@01234567) will be firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to your acceptance email for your unique Student ID.
Use the criteria below to generate the initial password. If you have trouble accessing myCommNet, contact the CSCU Help Desk at 860-723-0221.
- The first three letters of your birth month with the first letter capitalized (January=Jan).
- The ampersand (&) symbol (Shift +7)
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
The password will look like this sample: Jan&7698. You will then be required to create a password once the initial password is accepted. The initial password will then become the old password.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
File the FAFSA by going to fafsa.ed.gov/ and enter MCC’s school code, 001392, to have the application sent to the Financial Aid Office. Once the FAFSA is complete, you can follow the status of your financial aid through myCommNet under the Financial Aid tab.
Additional documentation may be required for verification and processing, and we strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible. See Verification with Inceptia for information related to verification, and the Financial Aid web page for all FAFSA inquiries.
3. Determine Course Placement
Placement is currently based on a combination of measurement tools, such as cumulative high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
Please upload high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores to your application account. College transcripts must be sent by the previous institution and must be receive via mail or digital transcript provider (i.e. Parchment, Clearinghouse, etc.). If documents must be sent to the Admissions Office, they can be emailed to email@example.com.
- High School Transcript. MCC reviews cumulative high school transcripts of students that have graduated within the last ten years.
- SAT/ACT Scores. MCC reviews the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Score, as well as the Math Score.
- GED Transcripts. MCC reviews the Reasoning through Language Arts and Mathematical Reasoning scores. Students may be directed to submit the Writing Sample and/or Math Questionnaire.
- College Transcripts. Official transcripts will be evaluated based on your degree program. Both electronic and paper transcripts are acceptable for evaluation. Transcripts must be sent directly from the college/university to MCC to be considered official. Please do not upload copies of transcripts under the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request supplemental item within your application’s dashboard.
- Writing Sample. Students can complete an essay to determine English placement, in the event they are unable to access transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, etc. The essay is completed within Blackboard, which is accessible through myCommNet.
- Math Questionnaire. Students can complete the brief questionnaire to determine Math placement in the event they are unable to access transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, etc. The questionnaire may also be used to determine higher math placement.
- If English is not the first language you read and write: Our ESL coordinator is here to assist you in selecting appropriate English classes to ensure academic success. Complete the ESL Questionnaire and the ESL coordinator will contact you.
4. New Student Orientation
All new, first time and incoming transfer students must complete the New Student Orientation (NSO) materials prior to registering for classes. Currently, the NSO is available on Blackboard, which is accessible through myCommNet.
5. Register for classes
Prior to registering for classes, please ensure that placement documents and transcripts are on file with the Admissions Office. This will ensure that you are able to register successfully, and you will not repeat courses previously taken.
Upon completing the NSO, you may submit a request to speak with an Academic Advisor virtually or in-person to ensure you are registering for the correct classes. Without placement documents and evaluated transcripts, Advisors are limited in how they can assist you!
Registration can also be completed through myCommNet under Banner Student and Faculty Self -Service > Registration/Schedule.
6. Finalize Tuition and Fee Payments
See the Bursar’s web page for more information regarding tuition and fees, as well as acceptable forms of payment. MCC does reserve the right to strop students from classes for non-payment but it is not guaranteed.
Financial aid and all required documents must be completed prior to paying for classes. Visit myCommNet to check the status of your aid and any outstanding requirements.
Students anticipating Pledge to Advance Connecticut (PACT) funds should contact the Financial Aid office with questions related to this award. Please note, students must be registered full-time, have a completed FAFSA on file, and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) by the priority deadline to remain eligible.
Continue to use the MCC website as a resource for information on deadlines, programs, classes, and campus services and activities.
If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at 860-512-3210, or simply reply to your acceptance email.
Once again, congratulations and welcome to Manchester Community College!