MCC offers the non-English speaker four levels of English classes to improve language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Our courses will prepare English as a Second Language (ESL) students for academic courses in any subject, and our tutoring staff supplements and complements our four-level curriculum. ESL credit courses include listening/speaking and reading/writing sequences and carry four credits each. The college also offers a three-credit course designed to improve students’ oral presentation skills and a six-credit course satisfy the educational requirements for au pairs.
MCC’s Continuing Education Division also offers several credit-free ESL courses. They include Basic Grammar, Advanced Grammar and Reading, Communication, Accent Reduction and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) preparation. Information on these courses is available by contacting Alina Ciscel, ESL Program Coordinator.
- Small classes (average of 15 students).
- Highly qualified instructors.
- Technologically advanced language laboratory.
- Complete orientation to the MCC campus and the array of available academic support services.
- Evaluation upon completion of each course.
- Free labs held in the Academic Support Center.
- Conversation Lab
- Grammar Lab
- Free tutoring with a professionally trained ESL tutor.
- Assistance with research at the MCC Library.
- Information on financial aid from the MCC Financial Aid Office.
Note: This page refers to a credit-based academic program. If you are interested in a credit-free ESL course, visit the Continuing Education Credit-Free ESL page.
Alina Ciscel, Assistant Professor
Georgette Hyman, Assistant Director
Disability Services and Testing
Joseph Mesquita, Director
Internation Student Affairs