MCC offers the four levels of ESL classes to improve language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Our courses will prepare ESL students for academic courses in any subject, and our tutoring staff supplements and complements our four-level curriculum. ESL credit courses include listening/speaking and reading/writing sequences and carry four credits each. The college also offers a three-credit course designed to improve students’ oral presentation skills, a three-credit pronunciation workshop, and a six-credit advanced integrated language skills course to satisfy the educational requirements for au pairs. Information on these courses is available by contacting Alina Ciscel, ESL Program Coordinator.
- Small classes (15 students).
- Highly qualified faculty with graduate degrees in TESOL and related fields.
- Placement testing to determine the appropriate level.
- Complete orientation to the MCC campus and the array of available academic support services.
- Technologically advanced language laboratory.
- Free ESL labs held in the Academic Support Center.
- Conversation Lab
- Grammar Lab
- Free tutoring with professionally trained ESL tutors.
- ESL academic advising.
- Student membership in Multicultural Club and International Students Club.
- Information on financial aid from the Financial Aid Office.
- Scholarship opportunities to offset tuition and academic expenses.
MCC’s Continuing Education Division also offers several credit-free ESL courses. They include Basic Grammar, Advanced Grammar and Reading, Communication, Accent Reduction and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) preparation. If you are interested in a credit-free ESL course, visit the Continuing Education Credit-Free ESL page. Information about credit-free course descriptions, class schedule, and tuition is available in the English as a Second Language section of the Credit-Free catalog.
Alina Ciscel, Associate Professor
Georgette Hyman, Assistant Director
Disability Services and Testing