Manchester Community College has partnered with Paulien & Associates Inc. to develop a comprehensive educational master plan that takes into consideration findings and recommendations for implementation. The purpose of MCC’s Educational Master Plan with a Facilities Master Plan is to provide a guideline for the college’s planning efforts over the next ten years.
The Educational MP will provide a framework for long- and short-term planning that is clear and flexible — responding to changing needs and conditions. The planning tool will not be a detailed blueprint for building construction; rather, it will illustrate how the many factors that influence the quality of the campus should work together to create a functional learning environment for the purpose of continuing to deliver a high-quality educational experience. The final document will include a framework for the plan, the external and internal environmental scans, academic and support offerings, future capacities, a facilities master plan including determination of future space needs, financial plan, recommendations, as well as an executive summary of the plan
In order to provide MCC with the full range of services sought for the Educational Master Plan, Paulien & Associates has teamed with JJR, a member of the SmithGroup. Together these firms have been providing blended planning services for higher education for more than a decade.
Paulien & Associates will work with the stake holders, including the president, the deans and managers, and Steering Committee to develop a comprehensive educational and facilities master plan. MCC will ensure faculty, staff, students and community have a voice in providing feedback throughout the planning process.
The timeline for completing the master plan is aggressive as it begins in September 2010 with an expected completion date of April 2011. Paulien has broken down the planning process into two phases as follows:
Educational Master Plan
- Task 1 Project Initiation/Fact-finding and Kickoff Meetings
- Task 2 Environmental Scanning/Internal Analysis and Work Sessions with key leaders (individuals who are experts in their areas at MCC)
- Task 3 Review Internal/External Analysis and Strategic Work Session
- Task 4 Outcome Documentation — Futures of MCC and Financial Plan
- Task 5 Comment and Review and Final Educational Master Plan
Facilities Master Plan
- Task 6 Utilization and Space Needs Analysis and Campus Work Sessions
- Task 7 Exploration of Alternatives and Work Sessions
- Task 8 Final Facilities Master Plan and Report and Formal Presentations