Welcome to Spring 2021 at Manchester
MCC continues to handle most college business remotely via online means and by phone. However, effective immediately, students can set up appointments to come to campus on specific days and times to meet with Student Affairs staff.
Anyone coming onto campus for an appointment MUST wear a face mask/covering that covers their nose and mouth at all times and must practice social distancing.
Manchester Community College (MCC) is operating under special conditions as a precaution due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our campus buildings are closed to the general public until further notice and open to students only by appointment, to pick up purchases at the Bookstore, or to attend class. College staff are available remotely to help with applying for admission and financial aid, registering for courses, and providing information on additional services during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
Important Information for All Students Who Will be On-Campus for Classes or to Use College Services by Appointment
- Students are required to wear face masks covering both the nose and mouth and campus-issued IDs at all times.
- Social distancing is required while on campus.
- The college has established designated entry points and exit points. All students with classes on ground. will need to enter campus through either the AST Center by the flagpoles or the SSC entrance by the Bookstore.
- A sign-in/sign-out process for all students and staff at each entrance provides contact tracing should we need to provide that date to the Department of Public Health.
- Some limitations on access to certain areas of campus.
Additional safety measures include:
- Room occupancy limits, moving of furniture and signage to enable social distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning routines and sanitizing throughout the day according to CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout campus.
- Installation of plexiglass shields on desks and counters in labs and classrooms.
Continuing students – If you already have your MCC ID (printed this fall), visit the Bursar’s Office (Cashier windows in SSC), Monday-Thursday between 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The AST Information Desk where IDs are made is staffed currently:
Mondays by appointment only
Tuesdays 4-7 p.m.
Wednesdays and Thursdays 9 a.m.-noon, 1-5 p.m.
Fridays by appointment only
Email TJ Barber to set up an on-campus appointment to get your student ID if those hours don’t work for you. It takes approximately ten minutes at the most.
Laptops, chrome books and Wi-Fi hot spots may be available to borrow from the Library or Student Activities but on a limited first-come basis. Prior to registering for classes, if a student needs to borrow a laptop or hot spot, it is their responsibility to check on availability of these resources. To request a laptop or Wi-Fi hotspot, complete and submit this form; a college representative will contact you once your request has been reviewed. If one is available and you’re approved to borrow, you will be responsible for coming to campus to pick up your item(s). Students who borrow equipment from MCC will be responsible for returning it at the end of the semester or session. If your item(s) is not returned by the date specified, a replacement fee for lost or damaged items will be applied to your student account along with a registration hold. Please email email@example.com or call 860-512-2880 with any questions. We look forward to helping you succeed!