Update as of March 30, 2020
- Real Estate P&P (CRN 11121) with Professor Marie Villar is cancelled. Students will receive a full refund.
- Motorcycle Basic Rider Safety Course: all spring ConRep motorcycle classes are canceled until May 31. All registered students will be issued a full refund.
Updated as of March 20, 2020
The MCC campus is closed and locked through Sunday, May 17. All credit classes will be moved to an online-only format. Please see the information below regarding non-credit courses offered now until May 31.
Information on Non-Credit Courses (until May 31):
ALLIED HEALTH COURSES: Veterinary Assistant (CRN 11044), Pharmacy Technician (CRN 11043), and Certified Nurse Aide or CNA (CRN 10890) will run online (via Blackboard) for the remainder of the semester. Clinical/externship hours will resume once facilities re-open. The Phlebotomy Technician course (CRN 10886) is postponed until the fall. Please contact Allied Health Programs Coordinator Lorraine Doonan with questions.
REAL ESTATE COURSES
- Real Estate P&P (CRN 11121) with Professor Marie Villar (already in session) is cancelled. Students will receive a full refund. (updated 3/30/2020)
- Real Estate P&P (CRN 10831) with Professor Marc Vallen is cancelled. Students will receive a full refund and be contacted about details for the summer course, tentatively scheduled to begin on June 2 either online or on-ground if campus re-opens. Please email Stephen Campiglio with questions.
COMPUTER COURSES: Most computer technology classes will be converted to an online format. The ones that cannot be converted will be cancelled and students will be refunded. Students will be contacted ASAP by Computer Programs Coordinator Bruce Manning or his student worker, Cypress, with more information.
MOTORCYCLE BASIC RIDER SAFETY COURSE: All spring ConRep motorcycle classes are canceled. All registered students will be issued a full refunds. Please email Stephen Campiglio with questions.
NOON INSTITUTE LECTURES: All Noon Institute lectures for the spring and summer semester are cancelled. Students will be mailed refund checks.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES: Unfortunately, most of the personal development courses we offer are not conducive to an online format and will be cancelled. Students will be refunded. If your class was already in session, you will receive a partial a refund. If your class was scheduled to begin after March 12, you will be sent a full refund. This includes courses in the following categories: arts/crafts, boating, body/mind/spirit, cuisine, culture/history, dance, English as a second language (ESL), family finance and consumer issues, fitness/recreation, languages, music, nutrition, photography and writing/literature/publishing.
SUMMER EXCURSIONS in LEARNING YOUTH PROGRAMS: Registration is open for our summer youth programs and everything is currently still scheduled to run as planned. Please DO NOT mail or fax registration packets to campus at this time. Parents can register their child by completing the online forms on the youth website, here, or by emailing scanned copies of the registration packet to the coordinator. As always, please DO NOT email payment information. The summer catalog is posted on our website. Any questions please contact the Youth Programs Coordinator, Linda Armstrong via email.
REFUNDS: All refunds are issued from the CT State Comptroller’s office as refund checks and will be mailed to the student’s address on file. Refunds typically take 4-6 weeks to process. For more information, please see the Non-Credit Refund policy on page 44 of the spring catalog.
SNAP Scholarship Coordinator: For questions about SNAP Scholarships, please email the coordinator, Gina Marchesani.
Information on Custom Courses or DAS (until May 31):
BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY SERVICES: All spring semester custom courses (run through MCC’s Corporate and Community Training Center or Business and Industry Services) are postponed until further notice. For questions about custom courses at your organization, please email the Director of Business and Industry Services, Mick Pigott.
- Questions about Non-Credit Courses (Adult & Youth): contact the coordinators listed above.
- Questions about Corporate and Community Training Center Courses: contact Director of Business and Industry Services Mick Pigott.
Stay Informed: Please check your MCC-issued email frequently or the MCC COVID-19 web page for other updates.
Please Note: Continuing Education staff are working remotely and do not have access to their phones, voice messages, fax or USPS delivered mail.