A merger of Connecticut’s 12 community colleges is underway. Connecticut State Community College (CT State), a statewide college comprising all Connecticut’s current community college locations, plans to open its doors in Fall 2023.
Students: Please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. Please note:
- The final commencement ceremony for Manchester Community College is scheduled for May 2023. Ceremonies will continue to be held at each location as campuses of CT State.
- As a part of the planned merger, students continuing their studies beyond summer term 2023 will be matched with the CT State program that most closely aligns with their Spring 2023 major and is offered at the Manchester location,
- Students beginning associate degree programs in Fall 2021 should plan with their advisor/program coordinator to attend full-time if they wish to graduate prior to the planned merger,
- Students who begin an associate degree program in January 2022 would be anticipated to complete their degree at the merged college, Connecticut State Community College,
- in all cases, the college is committed to students completing their education with a minimum of disruption and staying in touch with your advisor/program coordinator is essential,
- Further details can be found and will be updated in the Frequently Asked Questions.
Prospective Students: Information about CT State and the merger of Connecticut’s 12 community colleges can be found at https://www.ct.edu/merger/faqs.